walleye from shore walleye from shore walleye from shore walleye from shore

Default walleye from shore

I already pulled my boat from the docks this year like many others have. I hear that they start night fishing for walleye after dark from the banks this time of year. I live about 2 hrs from the lake, and my question to any of you is with what, when, and where lol. but maybe a little guidence, and pointed in the right direction. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Default night eyes

Night time pier fishing usually starts mid oct & runs until freeze up, starting from west end try luna pier, its best with a slight east wind anything out of the west its to shallow. i've never seen a fish caught at maumee bay step walls but lots of guys fish it, ccyc pier at bono curve, camp perry pier, catawba state park, some nights lots of action at lakeside pier have been there with a hundred caught in a few hours. anywhere around marblehead shoreline all the way to huron pier...... try throwing rattle traps or any jointed cranks.. if you have a pick up or suv you could be very creative fishing out of a kayak

Great info eriepro just what i was looking for thank you

Quote Originally Posted by eriecaster View Post
    I already pulled my boat from the docks this year like many others have. I hear that they start night fishing for walleye after dark from the banks this time of year. I live about 2 hrs from the lake, and my question to any of you is with what, when, and where lol. but maybe a little guidence, and pointed in the right direction. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    the huron pier is where the locals fill their freezers with walleye
    it is hard to say when this happens but from late november through christmas there are times at night when folks are pulling kid's wagons home with fish loaded in them!.....not really a secret and at night sometimes it is elbow to elbow and the pier is lit up with lanterns...quite a sight.....

Sounds good i believe when i give this a shot i am going to be taking the kayak out, maybe that will elemenate the clutter

Default InFisherman

Google: Check out It was a dark and ERIE night, great article in the Infisherman mag, all on lake erie night pier bite.....Ed.....