trailer question trailer question trailer question trailer question

Default trailer question

My friend trailers his boat and his tires keep wearing on the inside and are cupping. Has anyone else experienced this problem or know what causes it.

you may just have to much weight on the trailer causing the axle to bow. or it could even be bent alittle. if its doing it real bad you might want to change axles. just my opinion. the cupping can sometimes be caused by being out of balence. and i have seen a bad shock cause this on a car.
    sherman
    Last edited by sherman51; 11-12-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Definitely a axle problem, I would take it to Toledo Spring WITH the boat on the trailer they can align it/add spring leaf or repair what the issue is at a low cost ,we use them all the time and they do great work .

They are on Matzinger rd. off of Alexis in Toledo .

Default tire wear

Axles are made with a slight bow in them (camber) so when they are loaded the tires sit flat on the road, if they are over loaded or weak it will go past the center of camber and wear the inside of tire. Hope this helps.

I had a friend that had the same problem. he took it to a frame shop and they adjusted the bow as mentioned by another member and he also had springs installed. The boat has been trailored for another 20 years without problems

Default Tire wear?

I had the bushings in the leaf springs go bad, and that left the axle shift back and forth, so I took it to a trailer repair place and they rebushed the leaf springs and problem solved !!! like all the other posts said it will need some kind of help. jmo. hope this helps PAP. till next time be safe, Happy Thanksgiving to all.!!!