Smartphone/Tablet Fishing APP Smartphone/Tablet Fishing APP Smartphone/Tablet Fishing APP Smartphone/Tablet Fishing APP
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Smartphone/Tablet Fishing APP

I am a computer geek by trade/necessity to pay the bills, but fishing is my passion. I was thinking of an idea for an app, that might allow you to capture your total fishing experience. It would leverage the GPS in your smartphone/tablet and then pull together various data from places like NOAA, National Weather Service, etc. to help you formulate possibilities for the next time that you go out, and by having a complete log of real-time conditions like Wave Height, visibility, barometric pressure, moonphase, wind speed/dirction, water clarity, etc. to refer back too. How it would work is that you would simply launch the app, then could mark a spot by taping a button or taking a picture (that marks your location using the GPS in your phone/tablet etc.) and could even attach comments, notes, etc. It would also allow you to go back and input as little or as much information that you want (who went with you, gas prices, anything that you feel is noteworthy). This could also help you to eliminate areas, conditions, tackle etc. that does not work for you. The app would then allow you to log into a website to review those days while pulling in the historical data around that event. It would be very interactive, where you could display the locations on a map and be able to zoom in and out, and based upon each entry, you could see patterns of success or failure based on it pulling all of the various factors. Also, you could share the information as desired with friends and control whatever information you want to share. The goal is to make the entire process fun but also successful, as well as provide a method to go back and review your experience, by storing pictures, plot maps, great stories of the day, etc. Don't get me wrong, every trip on the water is a great one, but I thought that it might be a nice thing to have to review especially if you can have a log of the experiences and be able to refer back to them when you can't make it out, or like me that doesn't tread on ice to help curb my cabin fever. (Attached is a sample of what it could look like)... Thoughts?
    - Greg
    27' Sportcraft Fisherman Softop
    Wild Wings Marina
    "Life is too short to worry - about anything"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Computer live vhf broadcasting

Nice !
    hey give me a call on my cell phone 614 397 1407 I want to share an idea I had also , I need some one with a little more geekness than myself to pull it off . I love the this sight when, I cant fish its great to hear about others exsperience and that makes my next trip on the water better, this idea I have will bring the lake to your computer with even more info and understanding of conditions in real time call me when you have a moment thanks .

Mike Harris
    Mikes Auto Electric and Service
    2233 Morse Rd
    Columbus Ohio 43229

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a great idea. I have suggested using smart phone texting as a means to communicate on the water but it didn't create much interest. Keep us in the loop and I will help if I can

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea ... Keep it reasonably priced. And I'm all over it

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea. Something that I've thought would be extremely helpful would be having your dive curves for lures on an app.

Post Thanks / Like

You have a great idea. There is an app called Fishlogger that is similar, but the idea you have sounds better. There have been rumors for several months that Precision trolling will be coming out in digital format in an app.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Precision Trolling !

I heard the same story that they were coming out with a digital version of the precision trolling, my question is how are we going to use it via lap top or what, I'm not that computer wise can get buy,I also really like the idea of what you guys got going on, please keep us in touch as you guys put this idea together. This web site is the greatest web I ever encountered, all the folks on here a well educated about fishing and MOST important not afraid to share their knowledge with others! I can't say enough about the folks who helped me out (like comming to our rental with harnesses to try, or spots to try that they had luck with) I belong to a web site for lake Onterio and those guys should take a few lessons from here Everbody is so tight lipped on their execpt the locals It's like your going to catch the last fish in the lake. Till next time be safe whether hunting, fishing PAP.

Post Thanks / Like

Please keep us posted. App sounds like a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like

There is one on the iPhone App Store called my stringer .. Check it out

Post Thanks / Like

How soon can we expect to see this ..?