perch report 10-25 huron area perch report 10-25 huron area perch report 10-25 huron area perch report 10-25 huron area
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default perch report 10-25 huron area

headed out in the afternoon on thursday with some guys from work, boat broke down on the way out, dropped anchor where we stopped. We got our 120 perch 46 pounds at the cleaners and a 29.5 inch walleye. 35 28.6 gps cordinates. Called tow boat and they towed us in. My outdrive went out, they towed us in at 6.5 mph is that the standard speed, the lake was flat as a pancake. We were 13 miles out took over 2 hours to get in.

Wow, i bet that was a 400.00 trip charge

4.25 hour tow bill at 250/hr more like 1100.00. I did have tow insurance. Does anybody know a good outdrive person? It was actually an enjoyable afternoon, lake was calm and we landed alot of fish.

Blog Entries

Dave,

Sorry too hear abour your out drive but aleast you caught your fish before the tow. Do ou store your boat in Huron or do you tow it?

Kevin

Try mikes dockside service near marblehead . they will fix you up quickly

i usually store it in port clinton, I might pull it back to canton. well i'm going to shop around I have all winter to get it repaired

Default boat lot

There is a boat yard just into Mich. Owners name is Charlie Checker. Have alot of boats they part out. Checker Marine. Its just north of the Ohio line not too far. GET TOWING INS. Its not too expensive. Bout 75 bucks for the season is average. Check your boat ins company or the local tow company that is out of your marina. Boat US.
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 10-26-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Blog Entries

Dave,

I use Dubbert's when the repairs beyond my ability. I find them to be honest and the quality of work is good.

2344 E. Harbor Rd.

Port Clinton, OH 43452

419-732-1777

Kevin

My outdrive went out this year, my mechanic said there was fishing line wrapped around my prop and it was sucked in far enough to cut the seal in the lower unit allowing the oil to drain out. Good thing was, it was covered by my insurance as a hazard in the water. You might want to check into that. Saved me $3500!

well I pulled the boat on Saturday and all of the oil was gone, I must have blown a seal, a marina is looking at it and Im waiting to see if insurance will cover it. I found a company that makes aftermarket Alpha one stern drives. I can get a new drive with a 3 year warranty for $1500.00. Its a better warranty than Merc Cruiser and a whole lot cheaper, has anybody tried one? On Saturday there were about 30 boat trailers at the Huron ramp most were out of state people fishing, the water was very stained, I don't think the fishing was very good.