Kelly's Perch Kelly's Perch Kelly's Perch Kelly's Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kelly's Perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kelly's Perch

We started off of Clinton Reef-zilch, Mid-Harbor Reef-zilch, then close to the entrance to East Harbor-zilch. Thanks to Captain Kirk we ended up on the E. side of Kelly's in 41 fow. They bit fast and furious for about 2 hours and just completely shut down and never started back up.
    Made one more move closer to Kelly's-1 Perch. The 3 of us ended up with 70 nice Perch that weighed 27lbs. at the cleaners. A good time was had by all, one last trip tomorrow.
    Side note-water is really shallow at Catawba state park and a little better at the Ottawa county ramp. 10/21/12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EyeRateII View Post
    We started off of Clinton Reef-zilch, Mid-Harbor Reef-zilch, then close to the entrance to East Harbor-zilch. Thanks to Captain Kirk we ended up on the E. side of Kelly's in 41 fow. They bit fast and furious for about 2 hours and just completely shut down and never started back up.
    Made one more move closer to Kelly's-1 Perch. The 3 of us ended up with 70 nice Perch that weighed 27lbs. at the cleaners. A good time was had by all, one last trip tomorrow.
    Side note-water is really shallow at Catawba state park and a little better at the Ottawa county ramp. 10/21/12
    I was just at Catawba ramp on Sunday and it was fine cant believe water level dropped even more! On a side note where is the Ottawa county ramp? Thanks!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Talking kelleys Tuesday

Fished north of island 35 feet of water. Just a few hundred feet north of the drop off center of the bay. None showing on the finder. All perch flat on the bottom. Caught 3 man limit from 11:30 AM till 3 PM. Quite a few 10s and 11s. Great last trip as boat pulled when we went in. Bling no bling everything worked very lite bite when the water calmed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK PEARL View Post
    I was just at Catawba ramp on Sunday and it was fine cant believe water level dropped even more! On a side note where is the Ottawa county ramp? Thanks!
    Here is water at Ramp Sunday late afternoon!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

The ramp at Catawba itself was ok, but about 100 yds. from it I stirred up some mud. Pulled the boat at the Ottawa county ramp which is in between Midway marina and Marine max on Rt. 53. Nice ramp, parking, and never too busy plus it's free. It's in W. Harbor with about a 15 minute idle to the lake.