What A Walleye Season What A Walleye Season What A Walleye Season What A Walleye Season
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default What A Walleye Season

All I can say is what a season for Walleye we never came back to the dock once without fish. Now I have a new problem my fishing partners fully expect to come back with limits all the time. This sure does add some pressure looking toward 2013. A very special thanks to my friend Jim for teaching me the trade.

Kevin

Yeah I second that whole statement. The only time I came in with none was yesterday lol...we went out for a few hours after I moved the boat to Huron. Jim better quit showing people how to fish or we'll clean the whole lake out lol. Nice to have met you on the water Kevin...

Greg

There is plenty of fish for everyone. Lol.... I am going to keep teaching anyone that wants to learn....

Greg when you get them located let me know. Lol!!

The good news about a great walleye season is a rookie like me was able to catch good fish rather easily. The bad thing is its bound to get harder. And if it gets difficult Jim will get tired of me bugging him. lol
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

hey jim
    i dont know you myself, but your my kind of guy. i would just like to say its good of you to help so many people learn how to catch fish. i,ve been fishing erie for about 30 yrs now and still dont know alot. but i have learned so much from reading good posts on fishing forums, and the few charters i have taken out.

i didnt know anything about fishing the central basin, and even less about using dipsy divers. i made a couple of trips out on a charter, and he taught me enough to get started. we do pretty good but could do alot better. this year we went out on another charter. it was money well spent, as the first couple of trips i spent as much time as i could just learning dipsy divers. this trip i got to spend more time talking to the capt and learning more about the catching part and i learned alot. we went up to geneva for 2 weeks and went out on the charter the first day. that really helped us catch more fish the whole trip.

i dont use dipsy,s anymore, i switched to the walker deeper divers, then a couple of yrs ago i switched to the lite bite slide diver. i dont use the slide part of the diver, i just use it like a standard diver. but the lite bite trigger has been a great tool for us. we use to bring our divers in to check them and rebait, just to find a small fish hooked up. now with the lite bite trigger they will usely trip from even a small white perch. this makes diver fishing much more fun.

so kudo,s to you and guys like you that are willing to share there knowledge with guys like me. catching more fish is always better than having a big skunk in the box.

if things go as planned next year when we go to geneva were going to charter out the first or second day of our trip and see if i can learn from another captain. where are you usely fishing the first couple of weeks of july??
    sherman

Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
    hey jim
    i dont know you myself, but your my kind of guy. i would just like to say its good of you to help so many people learn how to catch fish. i,ve been fishing erie for about 30 yrs now and still dont know alot. but i have learned so much from reading good posts on fishing forums, and the few charters i have taken out.

i didnt know anything about fishing the central basin, and even less about using dipsy divers. i made a couple of trips out on a charter, and he taught me enough to get started. we do pretty good but could do alot better. this year we went out on another charter. it was money well spent, as the first couple of trips i spent as much time as i could just learning dipsy divers. this trip i got to spend more time talking to the capt and learning more about the catching part and i learned alot. we went up to geneva for 2 weeks and went out on the charter the first day. that really helped us catch more fish the whole trip.

i dont use dipsy,s anymore, i switched to the walker deeper divers, then a couple of yrs ago i switched to the lite bite slide diver. i dont use the slide part of the diver, i just use it like a standard diver. but the lite bite trigger has been a great tool for us. we use to bring our divers in to check them and rebait, just to find a small fish hooked up. now with the lite bite trigger they will usely trip from even a small white perch. this makes diver fishing much more fun.

so kudo,s to you and guys like you that are willing to share there knowledge with guys like me. catching more fish is always better than having a big skunk in the box.

if things go as planned next year when we go to geneva were going to charter out the first or second day of our trip and see if i can learn from another captain. where are you usely fishing the first couple of weeks of july??
    sherman
    Typically I am north of vermillion from memorial day till now..

Default lots of fish

I agree, it has been a great season and still have time for a few nice days before it gets real cold. Lot of wind lately but I have been out in mid Nov on calm days before and did pretty good for perch. Mid to late summer the trolling out produced drifting most days, not all days though as I pulled some limits drifting into Sept.
    Hey Jim, did you have enough anchor line for the rest of the season ?
    Inside joke, lol. Enjoy the winter and good luck with the boat refurb.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by gregnwtf View Post
    I agree, it has been a great season and still have time for a few nice days before it gets real cold. Lot of wind lately but I have been out in mid Nov on calm days before and did pretty good for perch. Mid to late summer the trolling out produced drifting most days, not all days though as I pulled some limits drifting into Sept.
    Hey Jim, did you have enough anchor line for the rest of the season ?
    Inside joke, lol. Enjoy the winter and good luck with the boat refurb.
    Nope. I am the proud owner of a new $275 anchor rope.. lol...

Its good matter that your partner helped you. It has seen that just only some fishing partner do this but not most off...I'm very shocked while I hear that There is plenty of fish for everyone. from @skipper9 I don't understand why...there is plenty.