perch 10/3 and 10/4 perch 10/3 and 10/4 perch 10/3 and 10/4 perch 10/3 and 10/4
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default perch 10/3 and 10/4

Fished just north of N bass on wednesday with my son, caught 41 perch and 3 sheepheads, keep 28 yellow perch from 8 to 13.25". Fished mostly 30' water with spreaders and frozen shiners (bait store didn't have any live shiners). Rough ride home to Catawba ramp. The water is very shallow at this boat ramp, watch out if you use it.

Thursday we fished NE of Kelleys, caught 11 nice perch before getting blown off the lake, 8 to 11.5". Too rough to perch fish. Caught most of the fish before it got rough and the perch quit biting. Done best be letting the spreader lay on the bottom for a few minutes then checking it, either would have a fish or two or bare hooks. Using two poles doing this will keep you busy while you are bouncing around and watching the waves and other boats. On our way back to Mazurik ramp we fished off marblehead and off lakeside with only 1 small yellow perch and small white perch. Lots of boats were there staying out of the wind but not catching much more than small white perch

Not a big catch but a nice couple of days to be on the lake with my son.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Catawba Ramp

Thanks for the info... Was just going to post about launching out of Catawba SP. The 4 W's have kept me off of the lake for 3 weeks (Work/Weather/Wind/Waves). I am looking at maybe launching out of Catawba this Sunday when I get off of work. That is, if the 4 W's hold up to the forecasts.

Any one else had a shallow experience at Catawba SP ramp lately? I think BlackPearl launches from there?

Post Thanks / Like

I launch out of Catawba on a regular basis. On 10/1 I was showing 2.7 on the Lowrance I have a 19' Lund with motor tilted up I had no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B can man View Post
    Thanks for the info... Was just going to post about launching out of Catawba SP. The 4 W's have kept me off of the lake for 3 weeks (Work/Weather/Wind/Waves). I am looking at maybe launching out of Catawba this Sunday when I get off of work. That is, if the 4 W's hold up to the forecasts.

Any one else had a shallow experience at Catawba SP ramp lately? I think BlackPearl launches from there?
    I've had no problems there thus far! tomorrows forecast says 2 feet or less winds out of the NW at 5-10 knots. I can't believe the water has dropped that much! I've read 7' on my Fish finder wonder what it is now? Well you can't go wrong at MUZURIKS! http://www.ohiodnr.com/Coastal_Main_...0/Default.aspx
    Last edited by BLACK PEARL; 10-06-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Pic taken LAST weekend!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

The 2.7 I had was right at the bottom of the ramp.