Had better days out there. Boat started right up. Headed out the west sister today. Plenty rough off shore. Once I set down it was slow at first, but too rough to crawl upfront and lift anchor to move. Things picked up mid morning (as it has been doing). Size not best, but not too bad, and given conditions too good to leave fish to find fish.

About 12:30 I noticed bilge hadn't kicked on all morning. Flipped it mostly for peace of mind. Nothing. Tried fishwell pump. Nothing. Better try motor. Nothing either. Both of my brand new this spring (2) batteries were dead, and jump box back in car. Long story short, called boat US, brought out a jump box, started right up. We were only boat out there, and figured best not chance it so headed to shore early with half our limit for 3 guys. Thanks to several guys on radio who helped me raise meinke marine...radio wasn't transmitting very good with low juice.

Got to Turtle. Water level which had been passable going out was now down by another foot or more since the morning. Trying to slowly navigate the shoals at the mouth, not realizing water had gone down, when guy comes running in and right up my rear end. I ended up kicking up some mud before could get motor trimmed up and find the channel.

I could take the battery problem, but for the guy who ran up my a$$ end, what the hell was your hurry?

Got to dock. Run in had charged both batteries. Go figure?