Date Fished: 6/15
Depth: 30-35 FOW
Speed: 2.0 - 2.4
Method: Trolling, Dipsies set #3 60-65 back, #250-55 back
Lures: Copper Melon Stinger best (4/6 eyes), 1 on Orange Crush, 1 on Mass Confusion.
Catch: Six walleye in about 2.5 hrs fishing (all over 22", biggest 5.5 lbs)

First time out this season, took the family out on Father's Day for a "Boat Ride" and a little relaxed fishing. Didn't get on the water until 1:00pm and Stopped fishing at 5:00 to go to dinner at the Boardwalk at Put In Bay. Started west of Rattlesnake in 32 FOW and trolled NE @ 2.0 to 2.4 MPH. Caught three nice walleye (all over 22") and an un-countable number of white bass and sheepshead (couldn't keep them off the lines) in an hour and a half. Large Dipsies set #3 60-65 back and set #2 50-55 back. Stinger "copper melon" caught 2 eyes and orange crush caught the third. Decided to move north of Kelly's, near what I think is gull shoal south of Middle Island in 30 to 35 FOW. Trolled east, north east around the edge of the shoal. Same trolling speed and dipsy set up. Decided to put out two in line boards one with a stinger and snap on weight and one with a reef runner (nothing). Dipsies caught three more nice eyes in an hour (again all over 22") two on copper melon and one on mass confusion (no white bass or sheephead). Then I couldn't find the fish again. Trolled same line on GPS, moved deeper then shallower, where did they go?? I was the only boat around, didn't get spooked by the pack. The only thing I can think of was it had been partly cloudy and then the sun came back out (much to my wife's satisfaction in the bow with her book). I did see some May Fly husks on the water but very few flies in the air or on shore. I was surprised by the lack of boats out on a beautiful day (lack of fish or the economy ?).

Sorry for the long story, great Father's Day, relaxed fishing and my 8 yr old daughter caught the biggest walleye 5.5 lbs, much to my son's chagrin.

Last year was my first year fishing on Erie and this site was a big help. I can't remember exactly when I started fishing last season (I think it might have been Father's Day weekend as well).

I have not seen too many posts talking about people fishing around the islands, have I missed the best fishing or is it yet to come?