Fall Walleye? Fall Walleye? Fall Walleye? Fall Walleye?

Thread: Fall Walleye?

Smile Fall Walleye?

When do the bigger Walleye start to return to the western basin of Erie. was thinking about making a trip in the fall of the year? also was thinking about making a trip to the bay of Quinte in Oct. would much rather stay in the states!

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    When do the bigger Walleye start to return to the western basin of Erie. was thinking about making a trip in the fall of the year? also was thinking about making a trip to the bay of Quinte in Oct. would much rather stay in the states!
    They should be showing up anytime around Kelly's Island or a little east of there!!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Its normal for them to be north of huron anytime after the 20th of september. You will start seeing good reports after this weekend. Right now everyone is keeping them quite till afrer the tournament this weekend. There is a huge school north of avon lake but there is a lot of bait in the area and it has been very difficult to get them going. Good luck

Skipper9,
    How deep of Avon Lake? I mostly perch off there and would love to get into some walleye. any info is apreciated.
    thanks

Default skipper9

i am bring my dad up this weekend. with ur experience would u make the trek to conneaut or Avon lake to get him on some walleye. any help would be great. u can PM me i don't want u to let any secret out before ur tournament but this will probably be the last fall walleye trip for my dad it's important.

I know they have been nailing the eyes out of Ashtabula from posts I've read on another site.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    Its normal for them to be north of huron anytime after the 20th of september. You will start seeing good reports after this weekend. Right now everyone is keeping them quite till afrer the tournament this weekend. There is a huge school north of avon lake but there is a lot of bait in the area and it has been very difficult to get them going. Good luck
    What? And your not going to make the 40 plus mile run again this year?

Quote Originally Posted by walleye2go View Post
    What? And your not going to make the 40 plus mile run again this year?
    There back.... I love it.. limits are being caught again...

Quote Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
    i am bring my dad up this weekend. with ur experience would u make the trek to conneaut or Avon lake to get him on some walleye. any help would be great. u can PM me i don't want u to let any secret out before ur tournament but this will probably be the last fall walleye trip for my dad it's important.
    That school moved west... sorry... its moving daily.. it would be hard to give you a location...

Crestliner,

I think I would launch out of Vermilion and go straight out to 30 or 35 feet of water. Try east toward lorain first then start working west toward Huron. Somewhere in that 8 mile stretch you should find active fish. They are usually suspended a little higher this time of year. If you do launch from the dock at Vermilion be very cautious of the red mark on the dock do not back your trailer in behind that. The ramp ends at that mark and drops off. It will catch your trailer tires when you try to pull out. But there has been plenty of water in the channel to launch up to 22-23 ft boat. TIN CAN