9-16 Perch Report 9-16 Perch Report 9-16 Perch Report 9-16 Perch Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile 9-16 Perch Report

The two grandpas went out today. 2 limits of perch, southwest of Green Island among the pack of boats. Spreaders no bling. 13 lbs. at the cleaners, 10" was the biggest.
    Tough bite to figure out today. Still a good day !
    Last edited by Part Time Percher; 09-16-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What was lake like? I tried going out by b can and turned around.

Post Thanks / Like

At least 3 footers when we got there about 8:45, subsided some as morning went on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rough lake, good fishing

It was a bear out there till about 11 AM. Out by West sister, not only some 4 plus footers, but highly confused seas, waves coming fast and several directions. Blowing wind made it hard to even bait your hook. This is the second time this week I have gone out on a south wind, forecast calling for mild winds and less than 2 footers, yet almost gotten blown off. Strange. Weird thing is, both times it was south wind, and on shore hardly anything blowing.

Plus side, finished with our two tickets by 1:00. Best bite I have had this season. Good grade, 17 lbs at cleaners for 60 fish. Lay still on bottom for 6-8 seconds. Pull up 1-3 feet real real slow, they are there. If not, raise 3 more feet, drop again and repeat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    It was a bear out there till about 11 AM. Out by West sister, not only some 4 plus footers, but highly confused seas, waves coming fast and several directions. Blowing wind made it hard to even bait your hook. This is the second time this week I have gone out on a south wind, forecast calling for mild winds and less than 2 footers, yet almost gotten blown off. Strange. Weird thing is, both times it was south wind, and on shore hardly anything blowing.

Plus side, finished with our two tickets by 1:00. Best bite I have had this season. Good grade, 17 lbs at cleaners for 60 fish. Lay still on bottom for 6-8 seconds. Pull up 1-3 feet real real slow, they are there. If not, raise 3 more feet, drop again and repeat.
    -you fogot- if you dont get a hit the second time- check your bait, chance are you were robbed on the drop- or did not feel it because the swing of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rough Lake, good fishing II

Repeat performance today. Some spot, south of west sister, same conditions, windier than hell until about 10:30 am. Slow pick, as wind started to lay, nicer fish turned on. Two man limit by 12:30, this time 15 pounds at cleaners. Same technique. Completely slack line, let lay on bottom for full 5-8 count. Raise v-e-r-y slow. Once sinker came off bottom, they were there. Did not feel a bite, but at slightest dip of rod tip, set the hook. Sometimes I would get bait 2-4' off bottom before felt the heaviness. Made a believer of my buddy when he tried same method. Usually I am the one skunked. Today got checked by fish survey and she said we had one of the nicer grades she had seen, and she had talked to lot of people yesterday who didn't do too well. (Don't know if true, but she sure knew how to stroke a guys ego....)