PERCH BATTER MIX What do you guys use? PERCH BATTER MIX What do you guys use? PERCH BATTER MIX What do you guys use? PERCH BATTER MIX What do you guys use?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I like drakes beer batter then roll them in golden dipt bread crumbs. another way we do it a lot at campground is dip in egg, put in Ziploc bag with Ritz and saltine cracker crumbs, shake bag to coat fish and fry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
    For me, Ive found using any dry batter, if you get the fish or veggies battered, then let sit in the fridge from 30 min. to over night, this really helps the batter to stick much better. Also if your doing a large fish fry, you can get it all done the day or two before, then you only have to fry when everyone is there, more time to drink beer
    I hadn't heard of that, prepping up the night before. Do you seperate them out using paper towels or just lump them all together in a tupperware or something? Do you cook them in a turkey frier? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wnyguy View Post
    I hadn't heard of that, prepping up the night before. Do you seperate them out using paper towels or just lump them all together in a tupperware or something? Do you cook them in a turkey frier? Just curious.
    Nope, just batter how you like, toss into a ziplock and into the fridge. Same for the green fried tomatos. Depend on how many lbs of fillets I'm making. If i'm only frying for 10 to 15 people I use an electric, If i'm doing for 20 to 30 people or more I use my deep fryer.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default green maters

how you do the tomatoes i picked 3 bags full and need a new way to cook them do you slice them batter and deep fry we usally use flower and cornmeal and pan fry but could try them with perch and frys

Post Thanks / Like

The wife and I use buttermilk for the tomato's, slice, soak in the buttermilk ( usually over night) then batter, put back in the fridge again over night and either pan fry or deep fry depending again on how many people are going to be there.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like

Last time I came up fishing with reel sport, one of the guys on the boat with us told me to try a couple plain just cook em in sprite or 7-up. he called it poor mans lobster. I haven't tried it, when I do it will just be a couple to see what its like........

Post Thanks / Like

Default my recipe

try adding a little pancake mix to whatever you use, kids and the "I dont like fish" people will love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justawelder View Post
    try adding a little pancake mix to whatever you use, kids and the "I dont like fish" people will love it!
    Did this with the Saugeye I caught last summer at Pleasant Hill reservoir. Kids loved it.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch coating

first time ever on this site but wanted to share something i have used for 20 years on all my fish,the best by far i have found-just try it-frying magic,any store like wallmart,make shore fish are good and clean if sitting a while and pat dry with paper towel,dont put any liquid on them,this has to go on very thin or it will be overbearing,i use a zip lock and the frying magic shake some filets and fry,just make shore they are not real wet before you coat,hot oil and each side quickly and have fun.
    Tom Hampton

hope to learn to catch walleye from you guys,i have not had good luck

Post Thanks / Like

TTT= to the top!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman