Perch 09/11 Perch 09/11 Perch 09/11 Perch 09/11
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch 09/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch 09/11

Launched out of Dempsey with my dad. Years ago, he use to get sea sick, so we puttered around in the bay a bit.

Caught 2 very small white perch south of Johnson Island and hung around there for an hour.

Dad was doing fine, so we moved to the break wall off of Cedar Point and tried fishing it. No luck there, but saw a guy pull a few perch withing 20ft of the breakwall.

Dad still doing fine, so I motored out to the #2 bell bouy at the start of the shipping channel. We finally pulled some perch here. LOTS of trash fish, but the yellows we pulled were BIG. Took about 10 big ones here over 2.5hrs. They were all at least 9 inches with the biggest around 13. There were a few under 7 that were throw backs.

For the last hour, we motored out to the NNW about 1/2 mile. They were on and off there, but pulled 5 more big yellows out before leaving.

For being ginger on locations due to pops trying out his sea legs, we ended up with a half of a full size ziplock of perch and found out that dad appears to be good to go on the full-out runs to B-can, West Sister, etc.

Super light bite today. Most came from hitting bottom with spreader (no bling) and then very slowly reeling up til you felt either a very light rap or just extra pressure on the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green island

Might want to give green and rattlesnake area a try, took limits there too. Mixed size though. Nothing under 8 kept for 4 guys, 6 hrs. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishin2 View Post
    Might want to give green and rattlesnake area a try, took limits there too. Mixed size though. Nothing under 8 kept for 4 guys, 6 hrs. Mike
    Leaving here shortly!!!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman