8/31thru9/3 perch report 8/31thru9/3 perch report 8/31thru9/3 perch report 8/31thru9/3 perch report

Default 8/31thru9/3 perch report

Finally got my boat fixed and got to do a little fishing....Fished east of Kelly's all 4 days pulled limits everyday in about 2-3 hours most days was just 3 man limit but one day was a 4 man limit ... size really improved with multiple 13" fish being landed each day with a average of 9".. Total for the weekend was 390 skipper 9 rigs seemed to catch the bigger fish more consistently.... big thanks to capt Jim for all the advice and help this summer wish it wasn't coming to a end . Hopefully get out after the eyes one last time before the boat gets pulled Oct 1st.

Thanks for the great island perch update. We caught a 2 man limit SW of green Monday. Size is coming up with 1/2 8's as 9''s with other alf still being 7's with som throw backs. Took almost 4 hours though.

Still testing green spreaders and the skipper 9 rigs side by side. These perch liked the spreaders better for sure.

Default Spreaders??

Do you place the spreaders just over the bottom or do you drop them down in the mud? I like the system skipper 9 used. I was placing the hook down into the mud and and catching the bigger perch. When I raised it up, I would catch the 8" to 9". Where over by Catawba do I get minnows??

Thanks

Life of Riley

Default Bait stores

Rickards is always great. They have 2 locations. 1 on Catawba at 53 and 163 the other is near Marbelhead at 269 and 163.

Default Thanks Captain

Would you go over to vermillion or over by green island.

Thanks

Life of Riley

try jennets off sand road turn left on the 2nd road past the state park heading towards marblehead only goes left she has a small sighn there also

That depends. If you know the area around green I would go that direction. Lots of choices in the area. Around Green, Niagra B,C, and D Cans. On the plus side we have been trolling just north of the can lines and getting eyes. Just a thought if you have gear to troll and the time you may be able to make a day of it and catch both. Read Eye Spys last post he did a double limit last weekend.

I second the recommendation for Jeannette's for minnows. $1.50/scoop and lots of minnws per scoop.

What depth of water were you in east of Kelleys?

My depthfinder said 32