Perch limit raised to 40 Perch limit raised to 40 Perch limit raised to 40 Perch limit raised to 40
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    I find it odd that the lake with the most perch has the lowest limit. What other lake can support a 40 fish limit if Erie can't? Go figure.
    The difference with Erie is that there is a commercial catch on Erie and there is no such thing on the Inland Lakes. Erie is managed so all of the States that border her and Canada can take fish in the amounts that is deemed safe to maintain a viable population by leaving enough brood stock to replace the fish that are taken either commercially or by sportfishing. It would or could be quite possible there would be no limit on perch in Erie if there was no commercial fishing, but that is only my opinion and I am not advocating commercial fishing should be or should not be allowed.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Bad

You guys are right. The guy that told me that was one of the local watercraft division guys. Uniformed, armed, official. But not ODNR. They were checking every boat that launched on Saturday and Sunday. We'd gotten our check and sticker on Saturday and while waiting in line Sunday one of the guys told us that. I was suspicious and he knew it but held up his smart phone to show me the web site with 40 clearly listed. I don't know if they were intentionally misleading us or not. If I knew who to contact I would ask them to check into it and make sure they aren't misleading people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just is View Post
    Odnr is good for not knowing what they r doing how can they inforce the law if they don't know the law. I think they should go back to school and learn to read the law is very clear if u read it.
    I find it silly that you bash the knowledge of the ODNR and its officers, when you do not even know how to spell enforce or as you put it "inforce". You go back to school for spelling, my man!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bordy for the info. I was wondering if that was the case. It can be confusing sometimes. You were correct, though. Division of Watercraft is a part of the ODNR, just like Parks, Forestry, and Wildlife. However their specialty isn't in wildlife and fisheries management. I will send this info on to see if it can be corrected.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just is View Post
    Odnr is good for not knowing what they r doing how can they inforce the law if they don't know the law. I think they should go back to school and learn to read the law is very clear if u read it.
    Kind of ironic that you suggest they go back to school yet you could use a few classes in spelling and grammar, which is even simpler than memorizing laws.

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
    I find it silly that you bash the knowledge of the ODNR and its officers, when you do not even know how to spell enforce or as you put it "inforce". You go back to school for spelling, my man!!!
    LOL