2012 Mercury outboard junk 2012 Mercury outboard junk 2012 Mercury outboard junk 2012 Mercury outboard junk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2012 Mercury outboard junk

This probably belongs in a different catagory, however i wanted as many reads as possible. I know my title doesnt sound very professional but there is know other way to put it. I exhausted hundreds of hours reading these fishing reports, talking to people, studying maps, try to come up with a game plan. Spent thousands of dollars on equipment,gps, ship to shore, rod holders, line counter combos, and so on. Stayed on S.B.I. from 8-4/8-11. I do not know the exact # of hours on the motor (hoping to find out during trouble shooting process) but i dont think there is over 3 hours on the motor.Started experiencing trouble out by green island, with mercury customer service on the phone the boat dies. I hand the phone to the wife and throw out an anchor so we do not blow into the island. By now i am in panic mode. Finally get it started and limp back to landing. No fishing the entire week, and absolutely no help or concern from Mercury. Was told all week 100% my responsibilty to do all work , research , phone calls, transportation to dealer etc.. Mercury slogan is #1 on the water? Not in my book. There customer service is a joke. Wish i could share more about some of the phone conversation etc, it would just take to long.

Hate ro here that. What model and size Merc is it?

Been thru it before but not with a new motor but one thay only had a couple hundred hours. Pulled it to SW Florida 1130 miles one way and it died before we could wet a line.

You may want to post a thread over on www.thehulltruth.com snd just see what happens. Alot of good info and tons of guys with lots of knowledge that may help you out.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey wes, it is a 90 h.p. 4 stroke, it is under waranty, however i felt with a motor that new and that few of hours they could have done a little more to help me out. I offered to do all the work, phone calls , transportation etc. asked them if they would help with the cost of the ferry rides back and forth to the island. Absolutly not ! They told me it was 100% on me. I will take it to the dealer i bought it from on Tuesday.

Default Mercury made in japan

Mechanics have told me that all Mercury OB's are Japanese imports and customer service is not friendly or helpful at all when problems are encountered.
    Would like to have feedback from others about Mercury.

Regards, docwet

Need to book again soon!

Tuna Fishing Miami

Default appoligy

I would like to appoligize as the word "junk" was very inappropraite. I am sure the motor will be repaired and be just fine. I was just very fusterated. I started a similar thread on a different website and some of those comments made me realize that maybe i had not handled the situation very well up to this point. I did not have any bad intent. Thanks Mike

Mike I think that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. No need for an opoligy especially since YOU started this thread and its YOUR motor you are calling junk. I'd have been calling it "junk" too. Sounds like you may have offended some tender skinned Merc owners on another site. LOL

I Agee with Mike. Your post was fine. Nothing in it for anyone to take offense to. Your motor, your opinion, and your thread. I probably would have done the same. I hope everything works out for you.

John

Default Mercs

We ALL get a bit frusterated at our motors from time to time..LOL.. And yes I'm positive that everyone on here has called their boat Junk or a POS.. And it sucks to spend all that time and money and not get to fish but, That's boating my friend... At least I'm not the onlyone who had these problems..

Seems like I saw this same type of problem with someone last summer, I believe it was a merc 4 stroke. The guy who had it keep fouling spark plugs. He would put a set in and it would run fine for a while. I remember he took it in for service and an adjustment or some part was replaced to straighten it out. I would suggest going to your dealer or try spark plugs and see if it helps