sterling state  park sterling state  park sterling state  park sterling state  park
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sterling state park

Buddy and I went of of sterling state park on sunday in about 24 fow between river raisen and stoney point 8 00am to 2 30 pm. Only saw about 12 boats so i don't know where everyone was. we caught 11 walleye and 1 piggy small mouth. green and gold beads and gold blades behind 1 oz weight 35 feet back or purple and red bb 3 oz two touches caught most. also caught a few on spoon harnesses on 2 1/2 colors of lead core. speed was about 1.5 to 1.7 mph

this is my first post hope it works ok

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Default lead core!

Im glad to see someone else is using lead core in the western basin. Whenever I get it out or talk about it, people think im a an idiot, But you know as well as I do the stuff works. I will run it straight off the back or off the boards, its so easy. Good report by the way.
    Justin

Post Thanks / Like

Leadcore works great, I just find myself getting very lazy reeling in sheephead and white bass off 3 and 5 color rods, thus making them more of a last resort if the fishing is slow. If the trash stays away, the core stays out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default sterling

A buddy of mine got me to try lead core a couple years ago and no matter what else I do now I always start out with one bottom bouncer and one lead core rod. I usually don't fish in over 30 fow on the michigan side of erie so I have one rod with 3 colors so that is the max I use and it has worked out. I sometimes start at 2 color if the fish are up and adjust if needed. I have no idea why but some days we end up pulling 6 or 7 on lead core when 1oz on mono won't work . like you I put the lead core and BB off the back of boat and use my boards on mono with spoons, lures, spinner baits whatever

good fishing
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be real leary on running lead out in brestbay, with all that boat traffic, you might end up loosing alot of equipment. Way to many boaters don't care about how close they run to you. I agree it works at times, but I only run it when there is NOT many boats around. To many other ways to get em and not bother with lead IMHO.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.