Too hot to fish... Too hot to fish... Too hot to fish... Too hot to fish...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Too hot to fish...

Well good luck all going to stay home an wait for good reports to come in to see what I will miss. Sure Skipper 9 will have something to say...ha ha ha.

Ater last sunday evening Im still catching breathe anyway, took trip out at 5pm ish to perch and watch sun set, and while everyone was getting coolers, bait etc.... the storms started building, never saw radar- but it happend during the travel time to dock and bait store. Needless to say, was out 6mile then got the tornado warning from put-in-bay to kellys, and ottawa county. Woops... it was kind of scary with hail, wind and no visability. Good thing for the compass, lorance, and marine radio. Everyone had lifegackets on but the capt. (me, thought that would scare eveyone more...) The thing that got me more was- the perch just started bitting when I said we better start to head in.
    Just a story to share, always watch weather- and be prepared for anything on Lake Earyyyy
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

Post Thanks / Like

Default not for the fish

Just because its hot in the air, doesnt mean the walleye wont bite. Talked to several other captains today and many had limits before noon today. Drifting. Its for sure very hot but the walleye like to bite in July, so why dont the people like to fish for walleye that much in July. Good question. My schedule is near full for July because these guys love to fish in the summer heat and we catch fish, half the trips are drifting and half are trolling on request. Stable weather makes for good fishing.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default was hot but fish still

Fished today and it was hot but still got on fish, last cast by the firstmate yielded a fish as the engine was running and the captain was waiting, that was at 2:00. Had a great day on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of fastest fishing I have seen happened tonight on my afternoon trip... The fishing was as hot as the weather...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default correct, fishin is good if you can hang

Yes, the air and sun is hot, Water is perfect, but some people cant handle it, dont take me as a poor bastard! I will fish= but not alone!!!!!
    I dont like fishing with wimps..... I say "If you cant hang in the sun, re-tie your own rig, help UN-tangle a mess once in while, I wont put myself though the hassel"
    I can fish anytime EYE want! Looks like a cool down next week, maybe I can find some troopers....I want to be like Capt Jim when I grow up...Im still taking notes skippy nine
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete