first time this year, help please first time this year, help please first time this year, help please first time this year, help please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default first time this year, help please

This will be the first time we will be making it out on Erie this year. Will be out wednesday morning, the 4th. Leaving out of Luna Pier. Wondering if we should try for walleye or perch, dont wanna waste all day searching for eyes if we could get a mess of perch. Thanks for any help or locations. Would like to stay in MI water but not a necessity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quite a few good reports around the dumping grds straight out of Luna Pier. Also perch around the sputnik. Spoons, tot's, harnesses. Pink's and purples have been good colors.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info, so your saying reports of walleye at the dumping grds? i know where the sputnik is but how exactly do i find the "dumping grds"

Post Thanks / Like

ooops i made a mistake, we go out of Bolles Harbor.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14830.shtml

Here you go. This shows the dumping grouds over there. You can move it around and zoom in and out. You can also figure out the Coords for the dumping grounds. Good Luck!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Head out of Bolles, after you pass the really shallow stuff head SE. It's a very large area with lots of humps etc averaging 17ft for the most part. I do know one hump is only 4 ft deep. But most average probably 9ft. You really can't miss the grds as boats fish that area all year long. Some times you can only drift as it can get nuts trying to troll out there. Also in the inside ( west side ) of the grds there are 2 markers. These can be good for walleye and or perch and not as crowded as out farther. Make sure you save plenty of waypoints out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help guys, ended up at E-buoy with large clump of boats, tried trolling and after two poles got caught on another boat that cut directly on our tail and had to re-string em, then we trolled around using erie deerie with crawleres and I tried a spoon, the motor died on us twice and started hard the second time, this was after 3.5hrs of no fish and tangles and pole problems we called it quits

Post Thanks / Like

also not sure what we were doing wrong, people seemed to be pulling in fish all the way around us, we used to go out on Erie every weekend and had no trouble catching walleye, now it seems like we cant catch one to save our life!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow E bouy is a long way from the dumping grds! Anyway, quite a few reports of a tough bite and a few that had limits early. It really has been a spot on the spot and having the right program with the right speed/baits. Spoons, spoon harnesses and regular harnesses have been doing quite well as long as your in the right area, right speed etc etc. I just started working again, along with the Walleye for Warriors weekend so I haven't been out in a few weeks or I could detail more info for you.