Walleye or perch ? Walleye or perch ? Walleye or perch ? Walleye or perch ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Walleye or perch ?

I need some help. I haven't been fishing for 2 weeks! I had to pull the the boat to have some work done. I live 2 hrs from the lake and don't like to make the drive and not fish. I am picking it up in the morning but wont get to pick the the boat up till 9am. By the time I get out it will be 10am. I will only have a few hours to fish and don't want to waste time looking for fish. So if anybody can help me out it would be great! I dock at Fenwick's and go out of turtle creek. I was fishing out past west sister... anything biting closer ?
    I would rather catch walleye but if I have to run to far I will fish for perch.

I read all thats posted on this great website but I know how quick things can change in a days time.
    Hopefully I will have something good to post when I get home.

Thanks in advance for any input!
    Last edited by Fishin Crazy; 06-26-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Add to it

Post Thanks / Like

As you know fishing can be a exercise in futility, so if it was me and I wanted to fish and only had a few hours I would perch fish as it can take a few hours just to figure out the eyes, that is if you can find them, and especially since you have been off the water for a couple of weeks. just my $.02
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

With only a couple hours to fish I would perch fish. B and c can are doing great and it shouldn't take you long to limit

Post Thanks / Like

I too would head for perch. Mid/late morning fishing can be hit or miss. Perch can stay more positive longer IMO. Good luck and enjoy.

Besides...everyone knows perch are better eats .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the input!

Thanks guys for the input. I was going to fish for perch but ended up fishing for walleye. We stopped at happy hooker to get bait and Dave told us there were still some walleye around Niagara. My cousin wanted to fish for walleye so off to the reef we went. Marked fish about 1/4 mile north west of the buoy in 29 to 30 foot of water. We tried spoons and crank baits and all we caught was junk fish. I was about ready to forget it and fish for perch. But I started changing boat speed and going thur different baits and colors and finally caught a walleye on a purple harness. But no more bites, so I changed to a watermelon blade and started catching them. We ended up with 7 keepers 16 to 24 inches and 5 throw backs.We might have filled a 2 man ticket but had to qwit fishing.
    We ran #40 tru-trips 50 -65 back at 2.5 gps speed. All but one fish were caught trolling with the waves the fish were picky and the speed had to be right or you didnt get a bite.

The perch must have been biting good at b -can again when we went by most boats there were catching fish.
    Last edited by Fishin Crazy; 06-28-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: add to