Perch near South Bass Perch near South Bass Perch near South Bass Perch near South Bass

Default Perch near South Bass

We are taking a charter out on Friday for Walleye, but we will be on South Bass all weekend. Anywhere real close to shore we might catch a few perch or possibly SAFELY kayak out to for a dozen or so perch? Pier?

Thanks
    Rick

If you want to donate to the gas tank on the boat you can go with me, I'm planning to go out Sat or Sun to fish for Perch. I'm on Middle Bass and can pick you up at the Boardwalk.

Send me PM if interested...

Wish I had seen this.......I def would have kicked in some money. So much going on packing and working didnt get to check the forum again. We left thursday and went up. Did pretty good on the walleye wound up with 26 on a 6 man charter, alot of smaller fish. How did you do on the perch?

Maybe next time!

My kid and I went out on Sunday afternoon, got the anchor dropped and had 6 in the box (I only keep them if they're 9" or larger, threw back a lot of smaller ones) within 30 mins.
    Then I got the call...my wifes employer on Put In Bay had an emergency job and she needed my son and I to help so we had to cut our perch trip short. We did catch a few more before heading in though.

All wasn't lost...we finished at my wifes job about the time my daughter (who works at PIB also) got off work, had a nice family dinner at the new "Keys Restaruant". Then we boated back to Middle bass, got our boat tied up, and my son and I started to jig flies from our dock catching bluegill and little rock bass. Wasn't long before my wife and daughter grabbed poles and joined in, nice quiet evening (until one of us caught a fish!) at the marina just having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Maybe next time!

My kid and I went out on Sunday afternoon, got the anchor dropped and had 6 in the box (I only keep them if they're 9" or larger, threw back a lot of smaller ones) within 30 mins.
    Then I got the call...my wifes employer on Put In Bay had an emergency job and she needed my son and I to help so we had to cut our perch trip short. We did catch a few more before heading in though.

All wasn't lost...we finished at my wifes job about the time my daughter (who works at PIB also) got off work, had a nice family dinner at the new "Keys Restaruant". Then we boated back to Middle bass, got our boat tied up, and my son and I started to jig flies from our dock catching bluegill and little rock bass. Wasn't long before my wife and daughter grabbed poles and joined in, nice quiet evening (until one of us caught a fish!) at the marina just having fun!
    I'm planning to go out Sat to fish for Perch

miami beach fishing