spoon colors spoon colors spoon colors spoon colors

Thread: spoon colors

Default spoon colors

As mentioned in some of my previous posts , i am still in the process of purchasing equipment/lures for my Aug. trip to erie. I have never trolled with boards before but plan on giving it a shot. If i was going to buy 5 or 6 spoons, what would be the best colors. Also what style/brand of inline weights are the best for harnesses. I am hoping to hook up with a charter ( or someone that is familiar with the lake and fishing it,either trolling or casting) before i go, in hope of becoming more efficient, problem is days off at work are in the middle of the week. Thanks in advance for any responses/advise. Mike

Default Spoons

5 that i always have at least one of each out are
    cat dog
    blueberry muffin
    purple demon
    barney
    barney std

Mike,

Good luck getting the color correct on the day you go. I myself have so many different colors my wife thinks I own my own tackle store.
    Anyway, I purchase my spoons from Janns Netcraft as a way to try and save some money. They are very similar to the Michigan stinger spoons in color and size. They have a kit on-line or at the shop in Maumee you can buy.
    I usually will try to run a few different colors to start. Monkey Puke (metalic orange-ish), Kevorkian (purple), and Wonderbread (white with pink and blue spots) come to mind. That mixes up the color palette quite a bit.

With that said, We have been doing very well running Crawler harnesses as recently as last weekend. 30 feet of water near West Sister 2oz in-line sinker, 35-40 feet back from an in-line planer board. around 2mph on the GPS. I prefer a ball bearing/swivel sinker. You can get them from Cabelas.

Again, color depends on the fish and water clarity.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Redeyedrooster; 06-14-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: forgot about the sinkers

Default Spoon colors

Mike, I must say that starting with colors is a good start, then the choice of backs be it copper, gold, or silver adds a new thought for another purchase or a reason to visit a tackle store. Then it continues on with the spinner blades that appear to be similar to the spoons with co-ordinating beads. WHEW, breaking into a sweat just thinking of it. Last year it was the thing of using a "worm burner" in your favorit e colors, this year the color of choice is PINK and PURPLE geeezzz grab the bag and check it for the a.m. trip. HEY check out the image spoons and the UV paint also. All in all it's fishing and at my stage of life thats enjoyable and the catching is a PLUS.

Favorites: Cat/Dog
    Blueberry Muffin
    Super Muffin
    Pooh Bears in either colors
    Wonder Bread

Don't overlook the Silver Leaf Spoon in similar colors they still produce well.

Gene

Here are all you need:

Pooh Bear Purple
    Pooh Bear Chartreus
    Jager Bomb

Go catch fish!

I use the inline weights that look like the second one on this page. Mostly 2 oz. and sometimes 3 oz.
    http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/inline-sinker-molds/

Quote Originally Posted by ReelTime View Post
    Here are all you need:

Pooh Bear Purple
    Pooh Bear Chartreus
    Jager Bomb

Go catch fish!

I use the inline weights that look like the second one on this page. Mostly 2 oz. and sometimes 3 oz.
    http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/inline-sinker-molds/
    Exactly.. maybe add purple demon and Mrs Paul.

Default Sizes

I am sorry i didnt ask this in the original post. I also wanted to know the brand and model that is most popular. I know there is wolerine and michign stinger but wasnt sure which model to purchase (as far as size goes). Will probably start buying a few at a time this upcoming week. Thanks for the responses on the colors, that will give me a good starting point. Mike

I mostly use the Michigan stinger (scorpion) size

Default Spoons

The michigan stingers are the most popular go to www.mistinger.com and the scorpion trolling size. They show all colors. Check the previouly mentioned Janns Netcraft at thier pro-eyes series and www.eriedearie.com for the Silver Leaf Midget series.

Gene