I need of some help I need of some help I need of some help I need of some help
  1. Default I need of some help

I went out of mickey's on sunday about 15 miles and fished east of the shipping channel. I was drifting two 1 1/2 bb and two 3 oz with harnesses 60 feet back. I only picked up three walleye and caught my share of sheep heads and perch.I was drifting at first about .5 mph and then began to troll at 1.5 caught fish at both speeds. Would anyone be able to join me and my buddy on thursday for a trolling trip I have the boat and truck just need some on the water help if so please respond to this fisherman in need. I have a safe 20 foot aluminum boat with a 150 yamaha and 8 hp kicker.

I wish I could go Thursday, but I cannot.
    So, I will try to help here.

First, I would say that you should go and pick up a trolling book from Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc.
    Precision trolling is good.
    This will give you the correct running depths for your rigs, whether for sinkers, crank baits and various divers.

This link will give you a better idea of what depth you are running with in-line weights.
    http://rednekoutfitters.com/inline_t...ght_chart.html

I would also say you should get some inline weights from Cabelas or elsewhere.
    2.0 OZ in-lines are usually about right for any western basing fishing as the depth rarely exceeds 30 feet.
    Running bottom bouncers skews the depth the bait is running because of the extra drag the hardware causes. Besides, they should really only be used when "bottom bouncing"
    Here is a good chart. Print it and take it with you.

The next step would be to use in-line planer boards if you are not using them already. They will take your bait out to the side of the boat. They are about 55 dollars a pair at Cabelas, or Bass Pro.

With all of that said, a standard in-line weight setup for the western basin is:
    2 OZ inline sinkers with a 36 inch leader running 35-40 feet back behind your planer boards. You can use crawler harnesses this time of the year, and move to spoons in a few weeks. Run between 1.8 and 2.3 miles per hour.
    Adjust your depth to just above (5 feet) the fish being marked on the sonar using your reference book. Walleye feed UP.

Good luck!

I agree with redeyedrooster, but want to add that blade and bead color can sometimes be important as well. On Sunday, I was a few miles short of your location using worm harnesses 2 1/4 ounce weight, on small boards at 55 ft back running about 1.7 to 2 MPH. Harnesses that caught the most fish had watermellon blade with pink beads, second most - purple blade with white beads - no other colors caught fish. 2 person limit in 4 hours of fishing.

Good Luck Thursday

For me the redneck chart is wrong but does give you an idea on 1 oz to 3 oz inlines. Real easy to find out exactly the max depth your running and then divide the water column from there. As I posted in other posts.

5. Default

Ill be going out tomorrow and letting everyone know how I did. Thanks a million for your help, I really appreciate the advice.

Default How did you do?

Just wondering what setup you used and how'd you do?

Quote Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
    For me the redneck chart is wrong but does give you an idea on 1 oz to 3 oz inlines. Real easy to find out exactly the max depth your running and then divide the water column from there. As I posted in other posts.
    Exactly.......ebijack Nice reply