leeches leeches leeches leeches

Thread: leeches

reflaine Guest

Default leeches

going to lake erie next week, was wondering best way to rig leeches. have fish been caught ob them

jbrown Guest

best way to rig them is on a casting harness or drifting harness, just hook it once right through the mouth end... it'll wiggle like crazy. if you thread it on like a nightcrawler you wont get near the amount of action from it. i've only tried them out there a couple times and didnt have any luck with them. i do however use them a lot in ponds and reservoirs under a bobber or on a dropshot rig... the bass and big bluegill dont stand a chance against leaches.

farside2008 Guest

Default Leeches

I have tried leeches on L. Erie with little succuess. However when I lived in MN I used leeches or black worms on Mil Lac lake. We used slip bobbers. That combination worked well. However you have to be anchored to slip bobber.

I have had tremedous success trolling for Walleyes. Using worm harness and gold or lemmon/lime spinners. I have been fishing between the South east corner of PIB and the North West corner of Kelly's. Avg fish size has been 3-lbs plus.

Good luck,

Farside

Default Leeches

We have used the below with decent results. At the end of the day not as hard to keep as live leeches.

NEW Berkley® Gulp!® Alive™ Leech or Jumbo Leech in Pint Bucket
    $19.99

We also rent our condo at Green Cove resort near wild wings. $99.00 per night which includes a 30 foot boat dock right in front of the condo. You can launch at Wild Wings and our within minutes to the condo and the reefs.

You can find info on our rental

http://www.domegos.com/1324/Default.aspx

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck,

John

reflaine Guest

i bought the gulp leeches, that is what we was going to try. How is the best way to rig them. Do you catch alot of junk fish with them also.

How far is the condos from port clinton? We usually dock out of catawba or miserick. HOw far are you away from them docks.

Default Leeches

Not many probelms with junk fish on the Gulp leeches, have picked up bass as well. Rig them on crawler harness with bottom bouncer. If the lake is flat you can find the fish and cast down to them.

Our condo is about 10 mins. West of Port Clinton. The dock is located directly in front of the condo and you can be in your boat in less than a minute. Great access to A and B cans as well as West Sister Island.

More details at.

http://www.domegos.com/1324/Default.aspx

Thanks for asking.