Perch 06/09 Perch 06/09 Perch 06/09 Perch 06/09
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch 06/09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch 06/09

Caught some really nice perch Sat. while fishing with EmptyHooks and his wife, we were short of a 4 man limit but lots of 10 and 12 inch perch with one 14 incher. Fished about a mile north of b-can and then moved close to c-can. My wife also caught a FO sheephead on her perch rig! But I am not going to repeat what my wife said while fighting this brute, it wasn't lady like but she did sound like a drunken sailor on shore leave. Here are a couple of pics.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow

I bet she had a story to tell later. Probably willing to give lessons. It's always a ball to haul in some of gods finest fighters. That's a nice batch of perch too. Was around b-can ourselves, finished a 4 man limit but picked our fish. Couldn't have asked for a better day, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I too was in the same area then moved closer to b can. Caught 83 Perch that weighed 23 lbs. Mostly 9-11 inch fish and a couple huge sheep head. Caught perch and a sunburn. Fish seemed to shutdown by one PM so I called it a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Question anchor ball?

Good job Wakina !

I was just wondering if you tried you new anchor ball?
    If so how did it work for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Crazy View Post
    Good job Wakina !

I was just wondering if you tried you new anchor ball?
    If so how did it work for you?
    We made one attempt at using the anchor ball! As it turned out it failed but I don't blame the ball, EmptyHooks and myself were both pulling in unison on the anchor line and could not free it after the anchor ball attempt. We finally got the bow of the boat pulled down into the water which raised the stern some and that still didn't break the anchor free, so we tied the anchor off on the bow cleat with the boat in that position and I put the boat into reverse and backed down some and it finally broke free. When we got the anchor up to the boat even the stem was covered with mud. It had obviously bit into the bottom so deep that it had also buried the stem to within an inch or so of the chain. So we will give it a whirl again this coming weekend if the weather holds and we can make it out.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip