Saturday catching report. Saturday catching report. Saturday catching report. Saturday catching report.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday catching report.

Holy Crap.. Wow!!!! We fished north east of vermilion. We trolled worm harnesses amd scorpion spoons at 1.8 mph. We ran 40 tru trips back at 75 feet. We also ran 2 oz back 40 feet. The fishing was incredible. Our biggest fish was 33 inchs and weighed 12 lb 7 oz.. all the fish were huge. A big thanks to fish tales for nailing them down for me..n he did a Hell of a job figuring out a program early in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

NICE!! I miss fishing over there. Pretty soon you can go out and get bullets also mixed in.

Post Thanks / Like

Must not have been any bananas on the boat! Lets see some pics of those hogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Default long way

wow nice fish skipper 9 sounds like your the man.just curious how far from the dock is that. we went out yesterday 2 guys north of island 5 eyes 1 was 28 1 was 27 and the other 3 were 16 inchers any open walk on dates available would love to meet you and fish for them hogs. we fished 2 -3 miles northwest of west sister. casting weapons and using bottom bouncers. then we trolled but couldnt keep up with weeds and whit bass and perch. and may flies accumilating on line

Post Thanks / Like

Default NW Vermillion Fri. and Sat.

Trolled worm harnesses back 40 on 2 oz., dipseys 2 setting back 32, dipseys 3 setting back 55...all at 1.8. I tried to get the deep bite going, but all I could come up with is sheephead down low. Besides my Dad and Walkman, who are usually on the boat, I had 2 friends on Friday and a friend with his dad and son on Saturday...they all took their personal best fish lol. It's a good grade of fish over there. Here's a few pics of ours...biggest was 29"...hopefully Skipper puts up one of that 33. Thanks for your help Skipper!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vermillion

Nice fish! We hit Vermillion just before the big blow and all of our fish were better quality. All on reefrunners. We then tried for some of the Jumbo perch but we couldnt get anything going. might try again next week now!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey nice job Greg! How come you dont have the new rod holders mounted on the boat yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Working on it Wes lol...just got the boards from Jim on Saturday. After I looked at Jim's set up, it makes me want to fab my own...I haven't decided yet...nobody makes any rod holders like I want lol. I might just wait and build them over winter.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jim,

Thanks for the mention it was a team effort what a great day on the water.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walleye2go View Post
    Working on it Wes lol...just got the boards from Jim on Saturday. After I looked at Jim's set up, it makes me want to fab my own...I haven't decided yet...nobody makes any rod holders like I want lol. I might just wait and build them over winter.

Greg
    Same here. In the process of making mine.