the big picture the big picture the big picture the big picture
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: the big picture

Post Thanks / Like

Default the big picture

I just looked at the Modis Image website for L. Erie. Most of the west end is muddy from Maumee Bay up through the islands and into Canada waters. This will take a few days to calm down and the silt goes back down. The reefs normally clean up first due to the zebra mussels doing what they do. That will be my plan for next weekend as thats where I have continued to find the best marks on the sceen. Reefs and East to NE areas towards the islands. Lots of walleye all over those areas.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Todays picture shows that it is already starting to Stratify, It should be fishable now and just keep getting better if the winds stay away.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Was anyone fishing the western basin today? Every picture I saw and everyone I talked to said the water looked like thin gravy. I plan to hit the "D" can area and north passed Niagara on Wednesday and Friday. I'm sure the water will have cleared by then. I'll let you know how it went or you can call me on the lake, Ch.68 or 71.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard alot of boats N of west sister and very clean water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default big picture

I spoke to a renter that said the lake has cleared up nicely compared to Sunday.

We now have plenty of open dates for our rentals

http://www.vacationrentals411.com/vacation/23785.html
    Last edited by capitalwalleye; 06-05-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6/4

Had tire trouble on the way up so had to get some new ones this mroning. Got on the water about 10 and fished till 4:30, after about 20 trips out this year I got my first skunk. Tried drifting and casting from flat rock to C can and down to Niagara a ton of sheephead and a few 25 t0 26, fun to catch but no good to eat. Going to try W of West Sister and maybe try for some perch?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregnwtf View Post
    I just looked at the Modis Image website for L. Erie. Most of the west end is muddy from Maumee Bay up through the islands and into Canada waters. This will take a few days to calm down and the silt goes back down. The reefs normally clean up first due to the zebra mussels doing what they do. That will be my plan for next weekend as thats where I have continued to find the best marks on the sceen. Reefs and East to NE areas towards the islands. Lots of walleye all over those areas.

i'll be staying in on sunday and enjoying a nice cup of hot coffee and maybe give it a try next Monday .

fishing trips in florida

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old times

Seems guys now are always always always worried about clean water ... I have talked to old timers who go out weather the water is clean or dirty and still manage to catch fish as a matter of fact just to see if they were full of it of not I gave it a shot about 2-3 years ago just at the end of jiggin season we were in cleaner water ( not really lookin for it but found it) and we fished for hours with nothin so I said lets call it and on the way back in noticed the mud line in thd water so thought well it can't hurt to try it.... Sure enough we ended up gettin 2 out of three limits jiggin with worms instead of minnows right along the mud line .... Don't know if it was luck or just a blessing but either way it worked! Only thing I can think is they were sittin there waitin for bait fish to swim by and ambush them ??