Saturday the 26 Saturday the 26 Saturday the 26 Saturday the 26
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Saturday the 26

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday the 26

This is how my weekend went Saturday went fishing with my dad and brother. the first fish was on a J7 and then ended up in my brother so off to the ER.

Post Thanks / Like

Default tire buddy

Nothing wrong with using a tire buddy when using treble hooks, saves alot of accidents, one thump method !!! Mike

Post Thanks / Like

On my boat, the Holly Lucas, we always tallywack the walleye while it is still in the net and never attempt to touch it or remove a lure until the fish is unconscious or dead. In the past I have had to remove a hook or two but not every boat has the luxury of having a doctor on board. Thankfully, I have never had to run to shore or cut a trip short because of a hook gone wild. It's a simple procedure followed by a bandage and back to fishing. And NO, I do not make boat calls. (Be careful out there.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default better story

I had a customer about 5 years ago that reached into the net on a live walleye and the fish jumped as he tried to reach and grab the fish. When the fish jumped, the guys hand was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He ended up with his thumb and pointer finger impaled with a point in each finger with the same treble hook and his fingers were about a 1/2 inch apart. After an interesting hour of trying to bend the shanks of the hook to separate his fingers, then get him and his fingers alittle numb. We did the hook removal trick twice and bandaged him up. He went back to fishing right after that. Thats the only time thats ever happened, so far anyway. Never got a picture of that one. So no whenever I happen to troll, they get the talk and sometimes this same story.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]