Fri-sat-sun Fri-sat-sun Fri-sat-sun Fri-sat-sun

Thread: Fri-sat-sun

Default Fri-sat-sun

Sorry for the late report from my weekend on Erie, but we got home late on Sunday and last night I was packing away the fish and catching up on the* yard work.* This was our first trolling trip, EVER, and I would call it successful.* We ran the lake quite a bit and learned a ton.* We used harness’ with the tadpole weight system from Offshore Tackle, running them 40-60 back.* Someone gave me a tip to try them and for harnesses, they worked out pretty good and were a lot easier to reel in than the Jets we bought.* We got our 3 man limit around the west tip of middle bass on Friday, harnesses.* Started out at the A-B-C cans on Saturday early and it was slow so we went back to the islands got 12 before going finishing up north of the A-B cans on crank baits.* Sunday, we used cranks and harnesses around west sister and got 6 before we had to pack up and head home by noon.* Our locations were consistent with other guys’ reports and they definitely moved around from day to day and within the same day.* It was a great weekend and I got to meet and talk to several members of this site.* I cannot thank you enough for your contributions;* Wakina, Ebijack, DaddyHags, and Captain Mike.* (I hope I did not miss anyone).* It might be a while before I get back up to the lake since I have already fished 9 days this year and pretty much limited out on all of the days so my freezer is FULL.* That’s a good thing unless you need an excuse to go back to Erie and pick up some more eyes!*

Sounds like your getting spoiled We all go thru times when we just can't seem to get them to go. Then you go back to being spoiled.. Wish I could skip the low part of the cycle.

You don't need this doctor's excuse to go back to the lake. Do what I did and buy another freezer....and don't skimp on the size if you have the room. I supply enough walleye filets to feed about 60 volunteers who work at my wife's church during their festival in July plus her family of 40+ who never saw a walleye they didn't like. From Warren to my boat at Catawba is a 2 hr 15 min. trip one way. We burn a lot of gas but it's for a good cause. Amen.