5/10, 11, 12 5/10, 11, 12 5/10, 11, 12 5/10, 11, 12
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 5/10, 11, 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5/10, 11, 12

Went out Thursday, had a good day came in one short of a 2 man limit. Fished in the area of D-Can to Niagra Reef, but out side the can line. I have fished the lake since 1955 and have never caught a fish much over 10 lbs in all those years! The kick in the butt was that I had a newbie on board with me and he caught a 33 inch 13 + lb eye, I almost got weak kneed while getting it in the net, what a nice fish which was caught on a worm harness with a #6 rainbow hatchet blade and red beads 35ft back of small inline Church board with a blood red tru-trip 40 deep diver. The unfortunate part is that we did not have a working camera with us, both of our cell phones were grave yard dead long before we returned to the dock after 7 hrs of fishing and my camera was at home.

Went back to the same area on Friday by myself and managed a limit in about 5 hrs using the same program as Thursday, with the average being about 24 inches.

On Sat fished with empty hooks and managed a 2 man limit of eyes with 4 fish Ohios in the mix, fished the same area as the previous 2 days with the same program but the leads were 35 and 60 back with tru-trip 40s, also used the small in-line boards all three days and brown gold hatchet blades with orange beads and rainbow hatchet blades with red beads on all 3 days.
    All and all a very satisfing 3 days of fishing.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's some great fishing. Is he having that pig mounted?

Post Thanks / Like

LOL the surest way to catch a hog is to leave the camera at home. Nice catches!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelTime View Post
    Wow that's some great fishing. Is he having that pig mounted?
    He said he was going to eat it, all that I could do was shake my head and muster a smile and say thats a fish of a lifetime and belongs at the taxidermy then on your wall. Then he said again no he was going to eat it again couldn,t quite believe it. I still get butterflies in my stomach when I think of those last few seconds while netting that fish!
    Last edited by wakina; 05-13-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to figure out how to get the Pic of fridays fish off my phone and on here, did get a picture on Friday but the same deal on Sat. both phones went dead on the lake!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like

I had a smallmouth that I caught a few years ago mounted. Well, not really. The guy made the mount based on measurements and pictures. I released the fish to catch again when even bigger. He made a really nice mount, looks great up on the wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Leave it to me I gave what we caught and how but not where. Thanks to a Walleye dot com friend Pm-ing me I had not given a thought about where.

About 100 ft north of the green can on Niagra, the actual numbers are on the boat but that is where we caught the big fish. Friday and Sat fish was from the Green can to C-can, sometimes inside the can line but mostly outside the can line by no more than 100 yards, but we never got real close to c-can but could see it with out squinting, speed was 1.5 to 1.8 and the best speed was 1.6-1.7 gps. When the wind stopped I just trolled in a lazy circle first left to rt then reversed it so the other rods were on the inside of the circle, trying to maintain that 1.5 to 1.8 speed. This worked real well with gold blades working the best all 3 days by a 2 to 1 advantage
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds exciting! Thanks for sharing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default went for perch

buddy has a bad shoulder and he wanted to go perch jerkin we left dock at 7.30 went out front of wards 18 ft a few but slow so we moved out to 22 ft slow so we went to a can a few jumbos but slow so we went to gravel pit there we got some 10 inchers but still slow so then we moved in between intake and metzgers pier 19 ft and we got some fish but small back at dock at 2 with 35 fish 4 guys we got some big white perch sheephead and white bass sheephead were huge all on minnows and shinners off the bottom. nice day and a change from the walleye.but back to the eyes till the perch bite gets better. good fishing everybody