May 11 and 12 May 11 and 12 May 11 and 12 May 11 and 12
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: May 11 and 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default May 11 and 12

Finally get a chance to sit down at the computer. Started Fri. on American Eagle. There were fish there and people catching them but there was too much traffic for us. We pulled lines and headed out to Niagra and started looking and found fish NE on marks from a couple weeks ago. We ended up getting our 18 by 5. Headed back there Sat. morning and started off good with half our limit before 8 then slowed down. Moved down by Bad Karma and Skipper 9 around 930. Started out a mile or so S of them...up wind...and ran a fire drill on the first pass. Alot of white bass and walleyes. We ran S again and made another pass and lit them up again and headed in at 11.

I tried a lot of different programs, but worms on harnesses behind a 2 oz. 40 back at 1.6 behind inline boards worked best.

I owe many thanks (again) to Skipper 9 for giving me ideas and places to try. Once again, it was good comparing notes with Bad Karma. Thanks guys!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Great job. Sounds like you had a great trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fri,sat thanks back at yea

yea it is always more fun on the water with friends talking back and forth. we did the same got a 4 man limit on friday night on stinger scorpion spoons on40 jets 35-40 back best color was mixed veggies and jegerbomb. sat, went out early before gas stations open and thought i had enough gas and had to go in 6 short of our limit. but 2 good days. same program as fri. night. tried 4 poles with rr and 4 with spoons and spoons won out so switched every thing over. white bass were pain in the butt. did use a couple stinger spoons the bigger ones that i had in mixed veggies and caught bigger fish and no white bass, just something to think about.