Fishing Still Good They Moved Out East A Little!! Fishing Still Good They Moved Out East A Little!! Fishing Still Good They Moved Out East A Little!! Fishing Still Good They Moved Out East A Little!!
    matthewsbait Guest

Thumbs up Fishing Still Good They Moved Out East A Little!!

WALLEYE FISHING IS GOOD AGAIN !!!

It looks like the weather is going to cooperate again this weeknd with westerly winds and temperatures in the mid 70's. The fish have been found again and have moved straight out from the dumping grounds into 24' to 27' of water. Dont miss Sunday the weather is suppose to be PERFECT!!!!

We know that there are still fish on the dumping grounds as well but the water had been muddy the past couple of days, it should clean up some by the weekend.

Nice catches of Walleye were taken yesterday on crawler harnesses & spoons. The fish moved out a little further. Good limits were taken from the MI/OH line all the way out to West Sister today. 6 to 10 miles straight out from Bolles.

Perch fishing remains spotty but good once they are found. There is still a nice school of PERCH in 26' water straight out from Brest Bay.

Good Luck & Tight Lines,

Capt. Mike
    Matthews Bait & Tackle
    734-242-0666

MdBowhunter1 Guest

Default leeches

Capt Mike,
    Good afternoon. How far are you from Port Clinton, OH? I am currently on deployment and upon return I am heading up there for our annual walleye fishing trip. I would really like to have some leeches with me. Last year I could not find any in Port Clinton. I will drive up if it is not too far. Please let me know. Thank you.
    Bowhunter1

matthewsbait Guest

We are around an hour from port clinton. We will have leeches all year long!

walley1 Guest

Default bite today

one of my friends called tonight, said bite was good west side of kelly
    the fish seemed to like gold or white.

matthewsbait Guest

Your friend hit the nail on the head we heard GOLD was very good today as well!!!

When they start to light up on gold, the mayfly hatch is getting close. Get your 2 blade/5 bead mayfly rigs tied up. The hatch is near.

Default mayfly

what does the mayfly look like is that worm harnesses or a tyed fly

Usually it's a gold worm harness with one or two blades with gold beads. I tie my own and have done well on gold blades with red beads.

Hookdup has it right. I tie mine like a weapon so I can cast it. About 14 inches of mono, I tie a loop on on end, slide a bead over the loop to the knot and thread a gold egg sinker over the loop to the bead and knot. On the hook end, I slide a series of 2 gold or red beads, 1 small gold blade and clevice, 3 or 4 gold or red beads, another small gold blade and clevice, 3 more gold beads and finally a single hook. I like to use a red hook. I tip the hook with the head end of the worm and pich it off below the head. It is deadly. Give it a try. You can change out egg sinker sizes according to conditions. Cast it gently so you are not whipping the hook around. Enjoy brother.