spoon harness spoon harness spoon harness spoon harness

Thread: spoon harness

Default spoon harness

Had a friend tell me a couple days ago about his great results using spoon harnesses. I've caught a few fish over the years on them but not great results. He puts his beads between the 2 hooks, not like the many I've made over the years infront of or behind the spoon. He also runs them very slow. Well I made some and they out produced regular harnesses 10 to 1. We ran 1 mph as that was the speed the fish wanted them 2 days ago. Much better hook up ratio than the harnesses. We ran one side spoon harnesses and one side harnesses. We even switched sides and the spoon harnesses were on fire. I hope this pattern continues as I do like the spoon harnesses behind a 3 to 4 ft leader. The line doesn't get worn from the blade spinning against the beads like regular harnesses. No wear at all from what I can see. Here's a few I made up. Try these out and see if you guys have the same results.

Those look out standing...They look like the ones i made,trying all diffrent styles and types. I hooked up on one fish friday before i got sea sick, want to try out a few more i made up. There always next week if the weathere is right. Its in the action of the spoon and the leader of the crawler hooks i'm playing with.
    stanton

I too have had mixed results with these set ups, um I had played with the beads myself and the results were still mixed. I think your set up with line and hooks is alot better then mine were. What lb. line, and what crimp size did you use. I was using 15lb fluro. and just tying the hooks like a normal harness.(trilene knot on last hook and a standard snell on upper hook). Also what brand spoons are those I had some Warriors and a few Dreamweavers that I converted.

capt. jay was using these directly behind his 1oz inline weights the last 2 seasons and he has several charter capt. sold on them. He told me at the monroe show that he was having a better catch ratio with these then any other RIG he has come up with to date.

#17 trilene. .046 plastic sleeve crimps. As far as spoons, I've got alot of customs and mich stinger and warrior. A couple yrs ago I had some success running regular short harnesses right behind an inline. But regular harnesses still out produced for me so I stopped using them.

We ran them last Sunday and 16 of our 18 fish came on them.

The wife and I launched out of sterling at 7am. The weather guessers were wrong, again. Blownin probably 20 with gusts to 25 out of the NE. We tried in close where we have been getting fish. But with the waves ( we were cross cutting them) you could not see your boards half the time. So we went thru 30 crawlers quick! With one 15 1/4 incher to show for it. Put 2 rods out on bouncers. That worked for a short time, but the crap fish were really tearing those up. We then went out to 19 f.o.w. and tried another spot. Bingo.. 7 in box quick! Lots of doubles/triples but only getting 1 or 2 out of each cluster fugg. Ran back over the spot. Nothing, not a bite! Trolled back in closer..Bingo 5 on at a time but we would only get 2 of the 5 twice. The boat next to us was just shaking his head as he didn't have a single walleye yet. Had to go back out to the 19 to get the last one as we didn't have another bite after that. DNR guy said the best in so far today was 4 fish till we came in, and we had 4 around 4.5 lbs. Average was probably 1.2mph as we were going from .06 to 1.8 mph in the rockin waves.

Default worm burners and weapons

The worm burners produced well yesterday as well as spoons. Slow speeds for the worms and produced nice size fish. Tro lling is outproducing casting right now as for the scattering. Casting harnesses and bare purple jigs and bottom bouncers all took fish but weapons did best for us. With nice weather this week, we should have a nice couple weeks of fishing during the classic late May bite. May 20th ( Sunday ) is open for a group charter for a morning or evening charter. Call asap by cell as I will be at the lake Wednesday then Friday thru Tuesday this coming week.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]