Sat 5-5 Report Sat 5-5 Report Sat 5-5 Report Sat 5-5 Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sat 5-5 Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sat 5-5 Report

We drifted around the Raisin River area ( we put in at Sterling). Bart was the first to put a fish in the boat this season, breaking my streak errrrrr. Anyhow we caught: 9 silver bass, 3 sheephead, and I caught 2 walleye. First one was 3/8 of an inch to small to keep, the other I lost just at the side of the boat. Swore like a sailor for a good 20 mins and blamed the hubs for not being ready with the net. Everything was caught on crawler harnesses with the main color being purple. Steady action. Lost some worms to some sneaky fish. We went out expecting to catch nothing, so we had a good time. Planning to head out tomorrow morning also, maybe try some trolling.

Dawn

Post Thanks / Like

The wife and I hit brestbay at daybreak. Trolled up our limits pretty quick. Harnesses at 1.0 to 1.2 mph, any faster no hits or other fish. 14 to 16 f.o.w. Lots of boats out in the deeper water but didn't hear of any good reports from out there and didn't see many nets going. Gold with org/blk took most of the fish but alot of colors worked. Just had more hook ups on the gold. Lost at least 10 lite biters. They would take the board back or even under and then let go. Kind of like last year's problem. The #10 and #12 trebles as the back hook helped with alot of the hook ups.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up ebijack awsome !!!

NOW, that's one nice box of EYES!!! keep up with the exellent post & pictures, keeps us guy's in PA. thinking about comming out to Ohio. Tight lines to all, PAP.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice Catch... Good Report, I knew I should have tried a little harder during the the not so nice weekends to get the Wife's Honey Do list done. I dont even know were she HID the boat keys but I have the roto tiller rolling and the screens are cleaned in the windows.... You Boys keep catching them Eyes

Post Thanks / Like

Fished the same general area sunday on a friends boat. We only managed 9 for the 3 of us, but 4 were in the 5 to 6 lb range. If the walleye weren't biting so lite we would have had 3 tickets by 11 am easily. We tried alot of things, they would take the board back and even under. Then before we could even reach the board to take it off.. gone. 2 hook and 3 hook harness all with the crawlers bit off behind the fathest back hook, and the head of the crawler chewed up. Color changes didn't seem to make a difference either.