Western Basin Michigan Water Western Basin Michigan Water Western Basin Michigan Water Western Basin Michigan Water
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried both and never had any luck I always went back to the real ones. Swim baits work better for eyes than the gulp minnows but they are a far cry from the real thing. I tried the gulp minnows on perch and didn't catch a fish but caught them on real shiners on the same rod with gulp on one hook and a shiner on the other!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Whaler you are getting off track here good buddy, Crawlers there expensive there dirty, they stink,they dick your boat up, CRAWLERS.... Gulp and other artificial baits are a WHOLE other chapter in the book of fishing.... LIVE BAIT

I dont know were you live in MI. but I was at Fishermans Cave in Erie today and Corey from Reel Naughty his mom had just Re-Stocked them with Blades,Beads,Hooks, and there Top Producing Harnesses they were 2.79 which is a great deal for there quality..... Jeffs tackle on way into SSP has some good Tackle right now.

remember the deeper into the trolling season the less availability for this equipment. I seen guys buying the whole hooks of purple blades and Confusion patterns, white was hot for jigging season so Whites are going quickly in the Blades.... A buddy told me Bass Pro rossford was out of shiner looking 1/2oz in line weights.

Sunday is gonna be a big day if weather holds to pattern for kicking off trolling from what I have read and heard from bouncing around the shops today, some will still be jigging but I know several charters who are booked and they will be trolling Breast Bay.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Gulp in worms and minnow shapes for trolling and jigging. There are times where they will catch fish, but nothing like live bait. There are ways to catch 3 limits using only 1 doz crawlers but I find it a PIA and just use as many crawlers as it takes. There are ways to keep the dirt problem down to almost nothing. If you don't want to use harnesses, alot of guys troll spoons and or cranksbaits all season and do quite well. When the floating weeds become a problem is when I switch to spoons.

Post Thanks / Like

Default minn

have been playing with trigger x minn.all jigg season..they dont set the world on fire..... have got alot of fish on them..but they do add a littlle more to your jig,,,going to try them on the perch this season and see if they do any good there..has anyone else used these...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I live in Novi but I know exactly where the Fishermans Cave is in Erie. Ok, LIVE bait it is! I just saw a few videos on the Gulp and it looked great. Unfortunatly I wont be able to make it down there until the 11th. Hopefully they still have some in stock. I'm also going to try the Gander Mountain in Novi to see what they have as well.

I'm excited to get exams over next week and put everyones great advice to the test! Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS View Post
    have been playing with trigger x minn.all jigg season..they dont set the world on fire..... have got alot of fish on them..but they do add a littlle more to your jig,,,going to try them on the perch this season and see if they do any good there..has anyone else used these...
    I have some in different colors but have yet to catch anything on them yet. Just like gulp, they stink!