Western Basin Michigan Water Western Basin Michigan Water Western Basin Michigan Water Western Basin Michigan Water
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hit BB around 10 this morning. Started in 12 f.o.w. with harnesses and headed towards a waypoint. Before we got to that waypoint we had 1 in the box and missed 3. Trolled for a bit longer then turned and headed back over the waypoints. We ended up with 10 and 1 nice perch. Lost at least 30 light biters before we had to leave at 2. 1.2mph average speed, 14 f.o.w. out from sterling. The wind kept changing directions and the I-pilot worked great for awhile then losts it's freakin brains again and wouldn't work. Nice quality fish and besides the misty rain this morning not a bad day. And a big THANKS !!! to the guys in the blk lund that moved out of the way as we were working a very small spot. They noticed us working it over and politely let us continue as they were trolling randomly towards us. That's how it should be.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some really nice fish! Thanks for bringing up those bottom bouncers forgot to mention them in my previous post. You are very lucky to have strangers allow you to keep working your fish, they most often run right in and spoil it for every one. Those fellows have some very good karma coming their way, I hope they enjoy it because they certainly earned it today with the respect they showed for you!!
    Last edited by wakina; 05-01-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

BB was Brestbay. Actually we only got one on a bouncer. The rest came about 6 ft down on inlines. All males, none milking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
    BB was Brestbay. Actually we only got one on a bouncer. The rest came about 6 ft down on inlines. All males, none milking.
    Well that straightens that out and thanks for the heads up on BB. But bottom bouncers can and do produce in the shallow stuff this time of year.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is there anyway I could see a picture of a set up? If I'm reading everything right the few options are like this...

1) Ive got my main line from the rod that connects to my board...From there I tie my bottom bouncer with my crawler harness connected to that? For drifting.

2) My main line to my board...connected to a reef runner. For trolling.

3) My main line to my board...connected to my dipsey diver, connected with a spoon. For trolling.

Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Well that straightens that out and thanks for the heads up on BB. But bottom bouncers can and do produce in the shallow stuff this time of year.
    I always have a bouncer out. My wife's favorite way to fish is with all bouncers, no boards. I have bouncers to 8oz. Down around Lorain mid summer there are day's where a 3 to 6oz inline 3 to 5 cranks off bottom will out produce a bouncer and days where the bouncer shines. Gotta check em both. And I'm talkin 40 to 60 f.o.w.
    Last edited by ebijack; 05-02-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonWhaler33 View Post
    Is there anyway I could see a picture of a set up? If I'm reading everything right the few options are like this...

1) Ive got my main line from the rod that connects to my board...From there I tie my bottom bouncer with my crawler harness connected to that? For drifting.
    No board when drifting. Line from rod right to the bouncer and put in rod holder after setting depth. Also don't tye to each lure/weight. Use snapswivels or duolock snaps on your line and clip to each lure/bouncer.

Post Thanks / Like

goto You Tube and type in Lance Valentine Walleye. check his downloads, you can see what your asking. he has a spoon video,planer boards,keel weights,divers,jets,snap weights.... he talks about how to set rods up inside boat, he talks about rods and line, different weights and reasons for different weights....

type Walleye fishing in You Tube 6,000+ videos from all the big names and t.v shows

also type in: Linders fishing,mark romanak 411, next bite, trolling lake erie.

Next you are gonna want to join michigansportsman.com they have a section dedicated strictly with lake erie fishing. Also goto downriverwalleyefederation.com alot of seasoned vets on there, and tour pros.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good advise on the videos available!! One of the best pc's. of information I have ever gotten came off the show The Next Bite, they were using the minnow worm harness spacers from Bass Pro Shops and they were catching alot of fish, I have always been a believer that the main attraction on the worm harness was the blade and I still am. They were also using the XPS Hatchet Blades which they only casually mentioned but were plainly visable in the show, and they turned out to be the best thing that I have ever bought or seen on the TV for walleye fishing and they weren't even plugging the blade but the spacers. The blades are no longer available but the spacers are, which I do not use very often if ever. I managed to purchase a couple of hundred blades in each of the colors that produced fish in numbers while they were on close out at 3 blades per pack for $.99 two years ago, so I am set for life on those blades.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Does anyone use the gulp alive minnows or night crawlers on their spinner rigs or do you use real night crawlers?