algae bloom algae bloom algae bloom algae bloom

Thread: algae bloom

Default algae bloom

Algae bloom is gonna be bad this year, as if it wasnt last year. We as lake Erie fisherman need to do something about this problem? I myself are a catch and release kind of person. I know alot of you arent. I have no ploblem with that at all! So dont freak out on me when i say, maybe as fisherman in the lake we love, until this problem is solved? I think we should take in consideration how many fish we take out of our lake until this problem is solved? I know nobody wants to hear that! But dosent it make sense to keep more of the population of fish around until this bloom subsides?

Osorb.
    Read this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osorb#section_2
    now ask yourself why we aren't taking advantage. Baffling !

Default Osorb

I think it might work.. As a multi million dollar industry why doesn't someone try it. People are talkin about creating jobs and how the economy stinks so why aren't we tryin something to help out the fishing industry that employees people from the guys that build the boats to supply the people that fish off of them and sell the fish to locals. If the bloom gets really bad could it shut down fishin in the western basin? I have enjoyed fishin on the lake for many years I hope this bloom does not become a major problem for the great lake Erie.

is the green stuff back again this year already? i read an article that said it was coming out of the detroit river?

It was real bad last year. Just like it was a green carpet over here in Mich waters. You had to run out a few miles to get away from the stuff.

The news said it was phosphorus from tbe manure that farmers are putting in the fields. There suppose to be talking withe the farmers to see what can be done about it.