Charity Tournament Charity Tournament Charity Tournament Charity Tournament
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charity Tournament

Good day everyone, I am looking to start planning a charity fishing tournament for the Wounded Warrior Project for the spring/summer of 2013 depending on how things go. Just curious on the amount of participation I could get out of the fine people that make walleye.com what it is.
    Here is what I am thinking,
    Teams and cost: 4 man teams 25 dollars per person or 100 per team, If possible I would like to get the wounded soldiers involved and out fishing on several boats, depending on the participation. I will have to check on the legal technicalities. (that would make 5 man teams, and the warrior's entry fee would be waived)
    Placing: Most pounds of total fish, perch or walleye within legal limits.
    Largest Sheep head.
    Proceeds and pay out:
    Donating 1/2 proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project, and the other 1/2 to pay out the placing teams. All teams would have the option of donating fish to food pantries in the area. Not sure on how the pay out would work yet, I guess it would depend on participation. Like I said I am currently brain storming the idea, and I am open to all suggestions, and feedback.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Default Count me in

I am all for the idea as the Wound Warrior Project is fantastic. I worked quite a bit in DC at Walter Reed a 2 years ago and was able to help several soldiers coming back from you know where with bad wounds to get healed up with with a therapy the company I work for makes.
    It would be an honor for me to have a soldier join me and my buddy on my boat.
    I AM IN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tourney

I think it is a great idea buddy. Maybe you could include free shirts as part of an advertisement ploy to spread the word about it and make it something great! I think the sheephead part is great idea to kind of a twist on a not so good fish, but could still make you some money. Maybe 50 bucks to the biggest sheephead and then pay out the first 5 spots. Then maybe first place gets paid out and half price charter on my great buddies world class dream catcher charters. I think you are on to something great!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep them coming, so far 2 people interested hope to hear more people willing to participate.

Post Thanks / Like

Count me and night bite in. Great idea, will watch for more details.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks will keep ya all updated

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy, not sure if you know about this or not. This will be the second annual on saginaw bay. If you contact Nels, ( he's a great guy) he can help you with alot of info. Or maybe even bring one to erie. Another thing to help raise $$ for example, I donated about 400 spinner blades and spoons that they will sell at the event. Others have started to donate product as well. You can look at some photo's and videos from last year using the tab near the top of the page.
    http://www.walleyesforwarriors.com/
    Last edited by ebijack; 04-23-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ebijack thanks for the information I was unaware that even existed. The support in which they get is phenomenal and i thank you for that, I hope to see support like that from folks in the Western basin area. Thanks again and tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

You can count me in.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Default charity

great idea if i am off work i would do it.