Weapons? Weapons? Weapons? Weapons?

Thread: Weapons?

Default Weapons?

for those of you who use weapons I have only heard about them. I've "googled them and have a good idea of how to make them. how do you guys tie the snelled weapon to your line? the loop to a swivel?

Quote Originally Posted by bdrieck View Post
    for those of you who use weapons I have only heard about them. I've "googled them and have a good idea of how to make them. how do you guys tie the snelled weapon to your line? the loop to a swivel?
    yes u need a good swivel to keep your line from twisting

Default make weapons

Hey, for those who asked about tying weapons, you'll get a lot of different responses...I was on the original Erie Dearie team that perfected it years ago. First you need to be able to snell a hook. we used a 080 Eagle Claw #4 plain shank. 15# Berkley Big Game High impact line works great with #20 being a little too stiff. when finished the rig should be as long as your middle finger tip to your elbow. next add 4 5mm plastic beads ... try different color combos... next i add a smaller silver bearing bead before adding a small clevis attached to an Indiana special Gold Plated blade #3.. some guys use quick change clevises and bigger colorado blades especially later in the season for bigger fish around Wagon Wheel area off Pele....I've been using them exclusively for years and have some great color combos perfected especially during the Mayfly hatch...Always have a few in my pocket when at work at bass Pro Rossford marine department or Dockside at Wild Wings, Behind tennis courts off harris harbor road....to finish lure off add 1 5mm bead on an overhand loop knot. the loop should be about an 1.5 inches in length slip it through an egg sinker then attach to your snap swivel the bead acts as a stop so your sinker doesn't slide down your line

I usually shorten my regular harnesses to about 16 inch for casting. Tye a small bead into a large loop of your harness.

Never tried weapons, can I buy these on line someplace? What weight? Color?
    Last edited by kodiak50; 04-21-2012 at 04:53 AM.

You can use any harness you want/like. Just shorten it to about 16 inches as it makes for easier casting. The egg sinkers and beads can be bought at any tackle shop. 1/2 oz to 3/4 oz are most commonly used. The charters I know mostly use red beads/gold blades or gold/gold for their trips. Nothin fancy, they just work.

Thanx for the info.

Here is a good site thats shows how to tie different knots. http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfi...matedknots.com

Default weapons

Guys, just another short note, the indiana blades pull a little straighter than the colorado, so the colorado tangles a little more, next only use about a third of a nightcrawler hooked on the very tip everything hanging off the hook, that again helps with it pulling straight, don't thread the worm on like you would a weight forward spinner (main cause of tangle ups) remember its supposed to resemble mayfly larva , use the countdown method, these things drop like a rock 10 count is usually on bottom by end of your retrieve, use your casting angles 11 o-clock to 1 o-clock ect...... i've got some to sent out if anyone likes.....Ed

Ed I'll take a few if you have them to sell.