Chartplotter/gps wanted Chartplotter/gps wanted Chartplotter/gps wanted Chartplotter/gps wanted
    Blog Entries

Default Chartplotter/gps wanted

Looking to purchase a new or used gps/chart plotter. Not wanting to get into big money- but guess im in wrong sport. Tring to get new boat set-up and the money is going out faster than coming in.....Anybody have any ideas on what to purchase, im open for purchasing somethin use also- Ron
    I left my 587ci hummingbird in old boat, but did download and keep my hotspots and navionics cards. I just finally fiqured that unit out, and now I must start over.....
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

If it were me i would buy another humminbird. for 1 you said you saved all your waypoints to a sd card. if you purchase differnet brand unit it will not read the format humminbird uses to save the waypoints to sd card. there is a way to change formats to the brand you purchase and i can help you if you decide to purchase a different brand. just pm and i will help you out. also make sure the unit you buy is compatible with the hotmaps you have. there are 2 types of formats for them. the one you have works in lowrance and humminbird for sure and i think they work in garmin. i think raymarine and furo use different formats for hotmaps card which means you would have to purchase new card for $150. i could be wrong on that so be sure to ask before purchasing. let me knows if you need help changing formats.

Blog Entries

Default thanks

Looks like we had alot of reader...on this question. Thanks for the reply, Did consider going back to the Bird style, but now looking at a HDS-7. Skipper 9 can really get someone to spend the money...
    Ron
    aka- Capt. Concrete

If you decide to get that unit. let me know if you need help transferring your waypoints.

Quote Originally Posted by rsfrail View Post
    Looks like we had alot of reader...on this question. Thanks for the reply, Did consider going back to the Bird style, but now looking at a HDS-7. Skipper 9 can really get someone to spend the money...
    Don't blame me... Lol.. I tell you what I like to use..

Default Lowrance vs the bird

hey for my 2-cents, i sell them ....have one of each on my boat... LOWRANCE ALL THE WAY.......

I use an HDS-7M (chartplotter only) as my chartplotter and a Furuno FCV-585 for my fish finder. I like seperate units. Best of both worlds and since you don't have to split the screen to see both you get decent size picture.

HDS-7 would be a great machine for you. Lowrance has come a long way in their customer service from years past. Just sent mine in because it had an issue after upgrading my software. They sent me back a brand new unit no charge.

I have no affiliation with these but found a few.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2011-LOW...item3374f72223

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lowrance-HDS...item1c262540ad

Just installed an HDS-7 2nd generation on the boat this year. Works very well.

Blog Entries

Default hds 7

great input...think thats how im going to roll/float.
    Ron
    aka- Capt. Concrete