Wednesday 4-18 Wednesday 4-18 Wednesday 4-18 Wednesday 4-18

Thread: Wednesday 4-18

Default Wednesday 4-18

Heading out for the first trip of the season (my fishing partner is an accountant so we always must wait until the end of tax season). We are launching out of toledo beach marina and we will be trolling. Any input on a program that has been successful will be appreciated. I will post a report regarding success or failure on Thursday. Tight lines all.

FISHMAN

Getting close to d-day. Any thoughts from the well seasoned fisherman on this site????

Im not a troller but I have herd the walleyes fishing over there has been great. I have been fishing the reef complex out of fenwick in oak harbor for 6 weeks now and done very very well. I to plan on hiting the maumee bay area this weds too but I will be jigging. From what I have herd guys are running RR800 or DDHJ in all diff colors, one that I have herd sevral times is the green flash and wounderbread and blue crome. All say anywhere from 30 to 60 feet off boards have been the norm for this year. Other than that, thats all I can tell you due to I dont troll much its all just what I have seen from most of the the trolling reports this year. Good luck hope you get a big girl.

I too am heading out Wednesday, usually fish out of Fenwick but with the reports from Turtle Island-Toledo light I am thinking of trying that area. Where is the best-closest place to put in? How long a run would that be from Meinke?
    Last edited by kodiak50; 04-17-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks for the updates. Just picked up another slew of RR yesterday hopefully they work some magic.

Default kodiak

hi thats about a 3 mile run from meinke marina just around the corner hanging a left.....

Fishman, I have fished out in front of TBM this year on the dump, I have tried trolling a couple of times when the wind has denied a drift with little success. The jigging has been very good there. I've not fished there in 10 days so things could change in a hurry! tight lines tmw! Steve

Thanx Eriepro!!!

Well the east wind made it a little difficult fishing but we managed a two man limit. Had to work for them. We ran reef runners 60 feet back. No really color pattern wonderbread and charteruse seem to be the best. I expect the trolling bite to pick up in the next few weeks most people were still jigging only saw a few boats in the area trolling. We picked up the fish between turtle island and the toledo light. Trolling speed was 1.0-1.3. 12-15fow

fishman

Thanks for the report fishman. I never made it out yesterday due to the wind but mostly because a guy that was planning on going with us gets sea sick very easy and just figured it wasnt going to be worth losing a days pay. I hope to get out some time this weekend hope weather holds and the walleye will still be on the jigs. Thanks again and glade you got your limit.