i must stink like a baby's diaper i must stink like a baby's diaper i must stink like a baby's diaper i must stink like a baby's diaper
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i must stink like a baby's diaper

thanks for all the help people but i cant catch a fish to save my life. tried all different color jigs. had 4 people on the boat each jiggn a diff color. seen people around us netting quite a few. didnt seem to be doing anything different. i hooked up 2 big drift bags to slow us down. jig still kept getting away from me. i could drop it down and 1 or 2 snaps with the pole and it would be 15 feet behind the boat. tried heavier sizes but didnt help. this was last thursday i believe. water was pretty calm. last 2 trips have been this way though. jig only hits the bottom one or 2 times. after that its just swimmin behind the boat. any advice would be welcome. i would love to hire a charter and learn something but defenitely cant afford it rite now. can barely afford to gas up my own boat! havent trolled yet but i will next time im there.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile jigging

There are 2 different techniques that I know about with this jig fishing. You just let your line out on the up wind side of the boat until you feel bottom, then just lift the jig few inches and let it drop back and hit bottom, keep repeating this. You want to vary the lift until you find out how the fish want it that day. By varying the lift means to try a fast snap jig or a slow lift or some where between the two. The other method is to cast the jig down wind of the boat and jig and reel as the boat drifts towards the jig, cast at an angle off the ends of the boat and jig and reel the lure all the way around the boat, reel back in and repeat. I hope this helps. I can also help you on a charter, my walk on trips are only $75 dollars per person, call (419) 376-5895 thanks Capt Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Dont feel like the lone ranger endangeredspecies, I have been struggling also. Went out Thursday picked 2, Friday with 3 of us in the boat only got 2. Boats all around us catching fish. Two years ago was not a problem catching fish. Puzzled. I think I will be giving Capt. Gary a call this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Jig bite is about over anyway, rolling out the trolling gear sounds like a GREAT idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Dont feel bad, it takes a while to get the feel for it. What size jigs were you using? Being in contact with the bottom is the most important thing. Once young can achieve that its a matter of working your jig to what they want fast or slow. Try to keep in contact with your jig as well, the fish will suck the jig in and spit it if you don't. Stinger hooks are a must!

Post Thanks / Like

What these guys are saying is 100% true... You have to be in contact with the bottom. Might try using some blade baits as well. They are a little easier to work the bottom with. Also, I have switched over to the wire stinger hooks instead of the ones that have a mono lead. The wire lead holds the hook in a better position. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile try heavier jigs

Go to 1 ounce jigs, black and green have been hot in bay, purple is also working, The bay is red hot right now.

Capt. Mike Reel Sport Charters 419 265 2736