Neighborhood in Port Clinton Neighborhood in Port Clinton Neighborhood in Port Clinton Neighborhood in Port Clinton
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Neighborhood in Port Clinton

Feel free to PM me.

I have been looking for a vacation home in the Port Clinton area for the past 6 months or so. My search has recently went to the cheaper fixer type houses, and there have been a few that have me interested in the area between Monroe St and Maple St, North (or South for that matter if I found one) of the railroad tracks.

For those of you who live in the area, or are familiar with it, how is this area? The plans call for me or friends/family to be up there a good portion of the weekends in the summer, but outside that, maybe a weekend or two the rest of the year.

I apologize to anyone who might be offended, but would I stand much risk of my stuff walking off on me if I locked it in the garage or in the house?

I appreciate any help!

Post Thanks / Like

If your budget allows, look at some property on Middle Bass Island. More affordable than you might think. Plus it's very secure here and values keep going up...truly an investment property.

Post Thanks / Like

Did U look into the Condos by Wild Wings. They are called Green Cove Condos they range in price. The older ones can be had from $55,000, and the newer much bigger ones from $110,000. They also come with your own dock right in front of your place. Walk out the door and fish. We have been in the newer ones from 2000. Its my inlaws place. They are located just past Davis Bessie Nuke Plant.

Post Thanks / Like

A condo was actually the first thing I looked into.

I just don't see myself in one after looking into it.

The cheaper house was a suggestion by a realtor where I would not have a mortgage on it, rather than if I got something in the $150k range, I would need a mortgage.

That area seems funny to me. Nice 3 bedrooms right next to dumps. Just was wondering if the really nice houses are coming or going.