ODNR New Low for Revenue ODNR New Low for Revenue ODNR New Low for Revenue ODNR New Low for Revenue
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default ODNR New Low for Revenue

Just received a phone call from an eyewitness of ODNR video taping fisherman and writing tickets for catching more than a 1 person legal limit. Did I type it write????????? You can catch 4 fish and that's it as far as putting it in the livewell or cooler forget it. No more boat limit. Your fishing for fun after 4 and your buddies are on their own.. Be advised.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Wow have not heard that. Guess everybody will have to pull weight.don't agree with that law though

Default New to me

I just was told the same thing guy got a ticket for being over with just 8 fish for two guys he put 5 in the box

Please define "Catch" for me? If I hook a fish and hand the rod to my buddy and he reels the fish in, who caught the fish? Just wondering?

Question fish reg

you are exactly right pdnaz,after your limit you cannot bring fish out of the water hand it to your buddy

That law has been around for years. just never enforced on boaters. if you was at maumee river and had your limit you cant give your fish to the guy next to you. boat is same thing.

Question Limit??

The law states that you can only take 4 fish per person..I have been fishing for 33 years. We always take the Boat limit.. I dont see a problem with that as long as you only take your boat limit not any more..So my question is after I put 4 in the box, can I catch and release???Or is that a crime too??

Quote Originally Posted by LOWE LIFE View Post
    The law states that you can only take 4 fish per person..I have been fishing for 33 years. We always take the Boat limit.. I dont see a problem with that as long as you only take your boat limit not any more..So my question is after I put 4 in the box, can I catch and release???Or is that a crime too??
    If you put 4 in the box, your not supposed to fish anymore for that species of fish. If you put 3 in the box, then you can catch/release as long as you put them directly back into the water. I don't agree with it, but it's the same here in mich. Once you have your limit, your done fishing for that species. I've heard of guys being warned while trolling also. If you reeled in your limit, you are supposed to be done. ODNR is suppose to be cracking down on charter capt. also. No more giving the capt or mate's fish to the customers.

I agree with Lowe Life. Boat limits don't bother me at all. But i'm not sure about stopping fishing once you have 4 walleye. I've never heard about that and have never read about it in the regulations. This doesn't mean that rule doesn't exist, but how are everyday fisherman supposed to know about this crazy regulation. If you limit out in 30 minutes or less, your supposed to just stop? What happened to enjoying the great outdoors. This would be impossible to enforce. After catching limit, all fisherman would have to say is there now fishing for sheephead, or white bass, or anything that swims in lake erie. But until then, good fishing to everybody. This spring rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
    If you put 4 in the box, your not supposed to fish anymore for that species of fish. If you put 3 in the box, then you can catch/release as long as you put them directly back into the water. I don't agree with it, but it's the same here in mich. Once you have your limit, your done fishing for that species. I've heard of guys being warned while trolling also. If you reeled in your limit, you are supposed to be done. ODNR is suppose to be cracking down on charter capt. also. No more giving the capt or mate's fish to the customers.

So why do they allow you to fish for a species that you cannot even possess? Smallmouth bass comes to mind as you cannot possess them from May 1 to last Friday in June! They still allow you to target them and catch and release them during that time frame though. So continuing to fish after you have your daily possession limit already in the cooler would be no different as you just cannot possess anymore than the daily possession limit. You can continue to fish on a catch and release basis. What makes the difference if the limit is 4 or 0.
    Last edited by wakina; 04-10-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip