weekend catching report.. weekend catching report.. weekend catching report.. weekend catching report..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default weekend catching report..

Every trip except for Saturday nights trip was a limit. Saturday nights trip was only a couple fish short. We fished east of the range cans. We pulled reef runners back 35 to 50. Speed was 1.5 knots. Colors were green flash, bare naked, and old red eye. I would like to say thanks to walleye2go, bad karma, penalty box, gettin jiggy, and walleye nailer. Wow was that incredible fishing or what.. too much fun....I will post picture soon..

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't there in body but the rest of me was. Walleye2go made it even worse when he sent me a text of his wife holding a big 12 pound slob. Sounds like one of those days/weekends that you don't soon forget.

Skipper Sat. evening you were one banana short of a limit!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to get out there next good weather, I got that raw water pump fixed and the boat back in the water late Sat. afternoon. But didn't want to chance a run to the cans until I have enough daylight to get back before dark in case of trouble, or at least until I get a chance to check out that new pump just to be sure.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

As I said in my weekend report, I can not recall better spring reef fishing in years!! At least for me this has been the best in recent memory! How 'bout you guys, do you recall any better?? I think it is a mix of the great weather and calm water. I just hope this leads to a good spawn this year. What's your guys take on the spring so far and the upcoming spawn?? I know there are tons of factors but feel weather plays a big role. Not sure about the algae recently and how it affects things but it could be setting up to be a nice spawn!! Let's cross our fingers. Let's also hope this fishing stays hot, it sure makes me feel feel a little better when I slide up to the gas dock and have to fill 'er up, that I at least I have limits to show. Six trips and only one fish short of complete limits for the year so far!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were done with our three man limit by noon on sat. Thanks for tip on where the fish were skipper!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
    As I said in my weekend report, I can not recall better spring reef fishing in years!! At least for me this has been the best in recent memory! How 'bout you guys, do you recall any better?? I think it is a mix of the great weather and calm water. I just hope this leads to a good spawn this year. What's your guys take on the spring so far and the upcoming spawn?? I know there are tons of factors but feel weather plays a big role. Not sure about the algae recently and how it affects things but it could be setting up to be a nice spawn!! Let's cross our fingers. Let's also hope this fishing stays hot, it sure makes me feel feel a little better when I slide up to the gas dock and have to fill 'er up, that I at least I have limits to show. Six trips and only one fish short of complete limits for the year so far!!
    That's impressive #'s. Congrats on a good start!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I am happiest with my jig limit from this weekend. I am not a big jig guy and mainly troll. Although I have a nice jig set up it barely comes off the wall until I start perching. because I am not the best at it, it made me excited to be lucky at it. Now my buddies from work who jig more than me did better than me but I held my own Friday. We had a limit and that made me happy to be successful in a style we normally don't fish.