off shore in line boards off shore in line boards off shore in line boards off shore in line boards

Question off shore in line boards

looking to troll w/ inline boards. looked at a set of off shore boards and it looked to me like they could pop off the line with the two clip set up. wondering if this happens and are these a preffered board or is there a better board available? thanks in advance!

There is a upgrade kit u buy that has the better clip with it that actually locks the line to the board o forget the kit number but I did it to all of mine I must say its a must unless u want to Chase your boards lol

Or 18 is the clip adjustable locking clip

These are the one's I use. Much easier to use than any off shore clip.
    http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/f...ip-436675.html
    And yes they do hold braid. Also make your own tattle flags.
    http://www.dwfonline.org/Articles/tattle_flags.htm
    Any questions, just ask.

Default Dr. Ed replies again

If you read my threads from the last 2 weeks, everything you want to know is there for you to read. I use Walleye side planers made by Church Tackle Co. and they give me no problems. 17-20 lb. Trilene XT serves me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    If you read my threads from the last 2 weeks, everything you want to know is there for you to read. I use Walleye side planers made by Church Tackle Co. and they give me no problems. 17-20 lb. Trilene XT serves me well.
    thx doc! what i'm most interested in is the release sys. seems like the boards you're running have the easiest and most secure sys. as i wrote in my post looks like the off shore brand could pop off the line if both releases let go.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsfishn View Post
    thx doc! what i'm most interested in is the release sys. seems like the boards you're running have the easiest and most secure sys. as i wrote in my post looks like the off shore brand could pop off the line if both releases let go.
    Since you are going to be purchasing boards then move up one step in the church line of boards! Try the TX-22 boards they have the same release system as the walleye boards and they set upright in the water at rest, they can also be set up to be used on either side of the boat. I have a set of the walleye boards that see action only when I need to run a couple of extra boards. I semi-retired them when I purchased my TX-22 boards. One more thing is that you do not need to upgrade any of the church boards they are ready to go right out of the package with only some minor assembly needed.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Cheers Wakina

Just ordered 2 more Church boards for home delivery.

Also a huge thanks to Nad karma today for calling me and giving me some tips.

Just trying to hang with the big dogs