coming up for the weekend coming up for the weekend coming up for the weekend coming up for the weekend
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default coming up for the weekend

My son who is 12 and I are coming up for the weekend. we have a 17 ft deep v we're hoping the weather will allow us to go out.We will be going out of turtle creek possibly trying the cans, reefs or crane creek area. I am only setup for jigging or casting.I have not read many reports since the storms went thur so I would like some input as to where and how to catch some walleye.This is my son first trip for walleye I hpoe to make it a good trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Between turtle island and harbour light. start in 8 to 10 f.o.w. Then work deeper if your not into them. Some are still getting fish on hair jigs w/without minnows. Alot are being taken on Bladebaits. Stop of at the Happy Hooker and pick up some Capt. Jay's in white knight, yellow clown, silver purple. You might call first as I know he has been selling out.
    http://www.happyhookerbaitandtackle.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ebijack but I would like to stay around turtle creek area.I have not been over in that part of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
    Thanks ebijack but I would like to stay around turtle creek area.I have not been over in that part of the lake.
    If I decide tocome over to turtleisland where wouldi put in at?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Turtle area

Its an early or evening bite beach area crane creek, K can, locast reef, all will be ok for you, black, john deere green,
    purple, we are hooking maney fish we can not stop, breaking off
    stinger hooks, hope this helps you out, 3/4 and 1 0z jigs
    6 inch hop, or straight down slow lift.
    Capt. Mike Reel Sport Charters 419 265 2736

Post Thanks / Like

Many Ramps depending on size of your boat.... Cullen Park is the closest to Maumee bay and Turtle Island it is located in Point Place on the North Side on Summit Street I would not use it if boat larger than 19 Ft ..... Better choices are the Lucas County Ramp it is FREE and located off Corduroy Road in Oregon follow the signs to Meinke Marina West it is in ther same channel... other choices are near the cooling tower for Davis -Bessie hard to miss it if you are in Toledo along the lake look east for the steam vapor there are many ramps there along with Happy Hooker bait this is very close to the reefs.... there should be good fishing all weekend anyplace along the shore line from Toledo to the Cooling Tower just look for the boats. My Boat is at Meinke Marina wich is located in the middle of it all.... so when we head out it will be a flip of a coin on the directon we go...

If you monitor ch 71 many on this site chat on it and you may get some good info.

Good Luck and Happy fishing!

Captain Tacky

Post Thanks / Like

Cullen park dredged last year and put in channel markers all the way out to the shipping channel i marked 7ft deep the whole way out the last 5 times I launched this year

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about Cullen Park, it was dredged last year and they have installed marker bouys all the way out to the river. I have buddies that launch 30+ footers out of there. So far this year ....no launch fees.

If you are not familiar with that area..... just stay in the shipping channel until you hit the radar bouy heading out to the harbor light. There are sandbars on the port side as you are heading out that can cause you some problems.

edit.....ya beat me..... lol

Post Thanks / Like

I want to thank all for responding. Wayne I will take your advise and try crane creek and the reefs first. Thanks Capt. Tacky I will check mawmee bay area while I'm up there. I will be montering ch 71 give me a shout this is riverrat see ya there. Good fishingto alland be safe

Post Thanks / Like

We made it up at 730. could not go out until 1100. We caught 2 at locust reef and 2 out in front of turtle creek about 2 miles. all in all a really good day for our first time out. thanks to all for the info.we will be back out in the am. I' ll be on channel 71 everybody be safe and have fun