Turtle and Harbor Light Turtle and Harbor Light Turtle and Harbor Light Turtle and Harbor Light

Default Turtle and Harbor Light

We got our 2 man limit on Wed between Turtle Island and the Harbor light..Left the dock around 2:30 and back by 5:30..Fished 14-11 FOW. Pink-White, Chartruse Green. were the popular colors..Just jiggs no minnows..Surface temp as 54 degs..The lake was FLAT till about 5 then the wind started to pick up. Missed alot of fish.Their still out their so go get'em..
    LOWE LIFE

Default Sat

I will be out on Sat..I got my radio workin I think.We are gonna fish between Turtle and the HL. or we might go for a ride and try it around Turtle Creek area..See you on the Lake..
    LOWE LIFE

Thanks for the report Lowe, we'll be over to fish saturday afternoon, as long as the weather stays the way it looks now, going to fish between light and island, have you heard anything about the reefs on the michigan side? we have tried them a couple of times and they have been slow.

There have been fish on the dumping grds for a couple weeks now. As each day progresses, more and more fish are starting to show up.

Default Dumping Grounds

I have not fished them yet.. We have been doing real good so why change it up?? I'm gonna stick with what I know works until it doesen't work then I will make a move..Their's fish everywhere right now so where ever you choose to fish you should have no problem getting your limit.. It may take a few hrs but in the end I'm out their to enjoy the Lake and all it has to offer..I took a break yesterday just to enjoy the day..Warm no wind it was perfect in my eyes.. Good luck and be safe..
    LOWE LIFE

Quite a few friends have been fishing turtle/HL area for their 4 ohio fish, then heading back over to the dumping grds to finish their mi limit of 6 each.

Question 4 or 6???

I fish in Ohio.. I have both tags but I only take my ohio limit..Even though my dock is in Mi..If they ever get checked their riding a fine line on what was cought where..I figure it's just as easy to get 4 go to my dock in Mi if I get checked I got my Ohio limit and not over the Mi limit.. It's just not worth the money or the hassel and the loss of fishing privelages..So I kinda disagree with your friends on their fishin.. Just a personal opinion.. Don't want to start any drama but thats my thoughts on that.. Either way good luck and be safe..
    LOWE LIFE

No drama, but I don't see a problem getting 4 in either waters, then picking up 2 more in Mi for a 6 fish limit. As long as you don't have 6 in Ohio till may 1st. Back when, in the Detroit river we used to do that all the time when Canada had a lower limit than Mi. Am I missing something? I've been checked plenty of times over the years. Never had a problem. This is launching from MI waters/port. And fishing the dumping grds where we have been catching fish is no where near the Ohio border.
    Last edited by ebijack; 04-06-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Default Ebijack

Sorry I read it as they were getting 4 in OH and then getting 6 in Mi..for a total of 10 fish...That was my misunderstanding...I don't see a problem with takin 6 total but I would never go into dock with 10 per man...just asking for a ticket... Good luck this weekend...
    LOWE LIFE