K - Can Report K - Can Report K - Can Report K - Can Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: K - Can Report

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default K - Can Report

My brother and I are wanting to braving the waves this Friday in our little 16' Lowe and try it again! We had a lot of success last time we came up right next to K can. I wanted to see if the fish are still holding in 10-15ft of water or if they have moved out to the reefs.

Any reports on how the K can area is doing would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Stouty07

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to the area just moved here from California. I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on what kind of planner boards I would need for lake Erie and what color and size reef runners I would use. I have a 20 foot North River boat so I'm also looking for a partner to share cost when trolling on Lake Erie. Thanks Jr

Post Thanks / Like

I am always looking to go out. Always willing to share costs to help out. I do not have a boat so anytime I can get out it is enjoyed. PM me if interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm new to the area just moved here from California. I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on what kind of planner boards I would need for lake Erie and what color and size reef runners I would use. I have a 20 foot North River boat so I'm also looking for a partner to share cost when trolling on Lake Erie. Thanks Jr
    I use the in-line walleye boards orange color sold at happy hooker $30., most run 800 series RR. The boards are more of a preference for boat size weather you use in-lines or off shore boards. I'm sure others will chime in also. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for your replies, what would be some good colors for the reef runners?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile boards

If you want the big boards skipper 9 boards are best,
    Capt. MIKE REEL SPORT CHARTERS 419 265 2736

Post Thanks / Like

Stop into Happy Hooker and they will let you know what colors are working right now. Pretty soon you'll be pulling spoons or spinners if not already. I do like pulling cranks, but it's only 15% of the amount of time I troll as spoons and spinners will put alot more fish in the boat over the season. DDHJ's and RR's early spring and late fall. I know some nice fish were taken yesterday on spinners/harnesses. 50 deg water temp is when I'll start running both and let the walleye tell me which they want. Some guys do run RR year round and do OK. I've never had that type of success. I run off-shore boards with church releases and a rubberband for the tattle flag. For me I like the way they pull more to the outside. As one of my fishing partners runs both on his boat so I have experience with both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stouty07 View Post
    My brother and I are wanting to braving the waves this Friday in our little 16' Lowe and try it again! We had a lot of success last time we came up right next to K can. I wanted to see if the fish are still holding in 10-15ft of water or if they have moved out to the reefs.

Any reports on how the K can area is doing would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Stouty07
    Looks like you got hijacked !! the fish are still there !!

Post Thanks / Like

Bare Naked, Green Flash, Pearl Ghost, Blue Moon. That's all you need. If I were only gonna pick two it would be the first two mentioned and in that order. These cranks catch fish all year long.