Sun. 4/01 Mon. 4/02 Great Fishing Sun. 4/01 Mon. 4/02 Great Fishing Sun. 4/01 Mon. 4/02 Great Fishing Sun. 4/01 Mon. 4/02 Great Fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun. 4/01 Mon. 4/02 Great Fishing

Made the drive up Sunday morning with my dad and youngest son. Launched at Beef Creek and got lines set at 10:00. Fished north of the cans and got our 3 man limit. Pulled RR 30 to 40 back at 1.3 - 1.6. Awesome grade of fish with 3 fish Ohio's. Could barely lift the cooler.

Monday the morning forecast was for 3 to 5's so we slept in a bit. Wish now we would have gone out earlier and not listened to the weather man. Set lines same area at 9:30 in 2 to 3's and was back at it with 4 fish right off the bat. About 11:00 the sun came out and the bite slowed down. We managed 9 pigs that went 65 pounds with 5 fish Ohio's before throwing in the towel at 5:30. Son got his personal best 10.5 pounder that got dropped of at the taxidermist.

A big thanks to skipper9 for everything and also to Gettin Jiggy and Nite Bite. Great fishin with you guys and chattin on the radio.

Post Thanks / Like

Awsome job! It was a great time Sunday, hope to see you out there again. It's nice to have people on the water to talk to! I can't wait till my daughter is old enough to get on them fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to your son for getting a new PB. those are some great memories you guys made. thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow!

Hey what kind of line were you using and what pound test to handle those hawgs? 10 lb test mono? 14 lb fire line? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReelTime View Post
    Made the drive up Sunday morning with my dad and youngest son. Launched at Beef Creek and got lines set at 10:00. Fished north of the cans and got our 3 man limit. Pulled RR 30 to 40 back at 1.3 - 1.6. Awesome grade of fish with 3 fish Ohio's. Could barely lift the cooler.

Monday the morning forecast was for 3 to 5's so we slept in a bit. Wish now we would have gone out earlier and not listened to the weather man. Set lines same area at 9:30 in 2 to 3's and was back at it with 4 fish right off the bat. About 11:00 the sun came out and the bite slowed down. We managed 9 pigs that went 65 pounds with 5 fish Ohio's before throwing in the towel at 5:30. Son got his personal best 10.5 pounder that got dropped of at the taxidermist.

A big thanks to skipper9 for everything and also to Gettin Jiggy and Nite Bite. Great fishin with you guys and chattin on the radio.

Post Thanks / Like

The smile on your sons face says it all. Thanks for sharing and passing on to the youth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBRIAN View Post
    The smile on your sons face says it all.
    Yes it does. That's why I don't mind pulling them from school for a few days to make memories like these. I have three son's 20, 13, & 11 years old that all fish & hunt with me. My youngest son there ran the starboard side boards both days mostly by himself. They are great boys, great students, & great fisherman and I'm very proud of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Wes! I can't wait til my boy is old enough.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye2go,

Freeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
    Walleye2go,

Freeze?
    As in my last name?

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye2go,

Yes.